1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Ford mini SUV EcoSport - Now Launched

Discussion in 'Non FIAT Cars and two wheelers' started by Cuty Red, Nov 11, 2011.

1. Akshay4384

Akshay4384 Superiore

Fishtailing is something that can happen to any car,just because this particular Eco Sport toppled,does not prove that it is a bad handler,and i just wanted to say,lets compare apples to apples,and not with oranges.Eco sport's handling should be compared with Duster and not with Linea's and Punto's.
  2. esp_01s.jpg

Se the above picture.
    During Oversteer:

In an oversteer situation, the rear end of the car tends to slide out or "fishtail". ESP automatically applies the outside, front brake to help correct "Fishtailing"".

- - - Merged Post - - -

I haven't driven Ecosport can't comment on handling but Duster's handling is bench mark for cross overs as of now.
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  3. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    My personal opinion: There is nothing wrong in comparing Ecosport to Punto or any other hatchback. Why? Other than raised ground clearance, side-open boot that has the spare tyre fixed on it, I could not find it much SUV'ish. Six months or one years' aggressive propaganda wont make a hatch a mini-SUV.

After getting inside Ecosport, I personally feel that Punto/i20/Polo has more rear bench space than the Ecosport. It pretends to be a mini-SUV, sells at a price less than that of other mini-SUVs, still remaining a hatch, but costlier the other hatches. Their campaign tends to make us believe that "here is a cheaper mini-SUV". But it is not really cheap.
    Ford has marketed it well, positioned it well (a hatchback in mini-SUV space!), and is bound to sell it well too. People are flocking in front of Ford showrooms for test drives.
    Like Shams said somewhere above, it may look like figo on steroids, but I still liked the looks. :)
    3 people like this.
  4. I did a test drive of the Ford ecosport today morning (MPL, near Pallikaranai). In short - I aaaam impressed by what is on offer at that price albeit only the base ones are at yummy prices;
    What I liked: Less mental tension on bad roads, high seating (I already put the seat at highest position in my Punto), Good steering and Brake feel+action. I didn’t get to do high speed manoeuvring moves-missed it- but all other factors aside, I am ready to put money on this one. (alas- if only I had, and I am in no mood to part with Punto till few ‘mooore’ years and till a ‘better’ one appear). Honey moon period getting over for the other newbies… A”maze” and “Dust”er ;)
    2 months waiting for diesel he said-may be true!
  5. Thulsi, you are right,i second your opinion , Eco sport is car but ford wants us to believe it as mini crossover and in the league of Duster.
  6. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Just did the test drive with my friend. The car is heavy and solid, doors are heavy too. Super light EPS steering, may be because I am used to my Punto' steering. I didn't find anything great in the passenger comfort to call excellent or terrific. It is not bad either.
    Start/Stop button: Took a few seconds to start the car, which I think is normal. For stopping the engine was turned off in less than a second. Isn't that unsafe? Say for example if kids touch the button when the car, sorry, the mini-SUV, is on the move, what if it shuts the engine all of a sudden. I asked this question to SA. He had no clue. May be someone should test that.
    The diesel engine was less noisy. Not much noise to be heard in the cabin. More silent than Figo.
  7. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    The Stop button shouldn't work when any gear is engaged or the car is on move. I had this feature in a rented car in USA (Nissan Altima) where the stop button works only when we are in the parking gear. :)
    2 people like this.
  8. varunrtr

varunrtr Esperto

KL-01/ TO
    Grande Punto 1.3
    1 person likes this.
  9. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
  10. kirenh

kirenh Regolare

Mumbai/Pune
    Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Confused.... As per the above facebook post the accident is @ Perumbavoor. And the same photos elsewhere says its @ Gandhidham :).