1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Ford mini SUV EcoSport - Now Launched

Discussion in 'Non FIAT Cars and two wheelers' started by Cuty Red, Nov 11, 2011.

1. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    The car actually looks good, it's not a mini SUV as many claim. It is just another car with increased clearance and having the spare tyre on the boot. Leg room in rear seems to be pretty good. Rear seats can accommodate two adults and a kid max and not three adults. The show room is crowded with several potential buyers. The SA says the waiting period for diesel is 6 months at least.
    List of accessories that Ford recommends for Ecosport.

IMG_0203.jpg
    I saw an item called Engine Guard. I first thought it's one like what Punto and Linea have. No, they are not. It is the engine cover. One of the potential customers were complaining about the AC pipe that runs right on top of the engine, saying when the engine is hot Ac will probably heat the cabin instead of cooling.

There is another accessory called side running board costing 25.7k. Asked them what is that. Nobody knows.
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2013
    3 people like this.
  2. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    What is that headlight protector?
  3. N Kiran

N Kiran Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    That would be the silver colour board that runs on the sides of the car to help ascend or descend, acting as a platform.
  4. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Wanted to ask him...but forgot. May some grill like stuff. The puncture repair kit actually costs just RS.250. Don't know whether the kit has an inflator too!
    Whatever these items be, though Ecosport comes at a good price point, it is likely to make huge hole in the customer's pocket in the log run, without his knowledge.

Fine. But 25k for that? :eek:
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2013
  5. Akshay4384

Akshay4384 Superiore

When will we learn???
    It is not a low slung hatch or a sedan for God's Sake.
    And for a Vehicle with 200MM GC and 550 MM wading capability,it handles pretty good.
    And talking about handling for cars upto 12L,the new Ford Fiesta is still the benchmark.
  6. Ford fiesta handling my be good but light steering doesn't inspire confidence like Linea.
  7. Akshay4384

Akshay4384 Superiore

Yes when it comes to steering feedback Fiat has an edge due to HPS,Fiesta has EPS,so that explains the lightness,but as the speeds increase,the feedback improves.Coming to Ecosport,it handles pretty well for a Small SUV or a hatch on Stilts.(whatever you may call it).
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2013
  8. 1084701d1368789913-ford-ecosport-toppled-reviewer-emergency-assist-dhamaka-fordecosport03.jpg

For car boosting ESP this incident was surprising, ESP is there to address the fishtailing effect. Did ford brought the ESP system from china grey market?

1084702d1368789913-ford-ecosport-toppled-reviewer-emergency-assist-dhamaka-fordecosport04.jpg
  9. Akshay4384

Akshay4384 Superiore

These Picture prove nothing,i have seen a Linea lying on its roof,do you want me to search for it and put it up here?
  10. FYI, car toppled due to fishtailing, i never heard a Linea fishtailing even though it doesn't have ESP.
    Ford EcoSport Toppled by Reviewer - Emergency Assist Dhamaka - Team-BHP

From the horses mouth - The Guy behind the wheels was pushing hard on a S shaped curve, hit the outer line while entering the curve and shifted towards the right lane, and we were headed straight into an oncoming lorry,the driver tried to correct it at that speed, flicked left and slammed the brakes and the car started fishtailing, and knocked a concrete pole (Broke it) and flipped on its side.