1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Ford mini SUV EcoSport - Now Launched

Discussion in 'Non FIAT Cars and two wheelers' started by Cuty Red, Nov 11, 2011.

1. Again I feel like posting this picture in a FIAT Forum.

We FIAT fans are like this.

waiting for rain1.jpg
    10 people like this.
  2. johy

johy Amatore

Siliguri
    Someone on tbhp forums mentioned that a prospective T-Jet buyer who is looking at the engine - will look at the Ecoboost as an alternative :eek:. I was quite taken aback. It is not that we shop for engines alone.
    (Bhaiya, mere ko Ecoboost engine kharidna hai. Rehne do, T-Jet engine le leta hoon (Translated: Brother, I want to buy EcoBoost engine. ....(after some thought)...leave it, I will buy the T-Jet engine instead). . We are buying cars. And as FIATians we are buying an experience.
  3. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    I don't think eco boost will be as fun as the TJet. Look at the torque figures.

Sent from my Micromax A116 using Tapatalk 2
  4. johy

johy Amatore

Siliguri
    And the handling. And the ride quality. :D
  5. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    True. And the Linea is much spacious too. Most importantly it is cheaper or costs the same as ecoboost.

Sent from my Micromax A116 using Tapatalk 2
  6. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    Today my fellow colleague who is not just nuts or crazy but doesnt know sqat about cars (Riding, driving aesthetics, fun, etc.) so he has booked Eco Sports today and he said the dealer has already got 60 bookings so far. There is a 3 months waiting period!
    He did TD of Vento and Fiesta. Few days back he happened to mention this to me along with the group and he was all crazy about fiesta and kept praising it as its got high performance.

So i enquired back asking him what exactly as per him called Performance is. He said secs to reach 100 is less in Fiesta. I laughed on his face and said ok, you better really really think about going forward in buying car just for that sake. Kept bugging him to take TD of Linea too. But stupid fellow was all fida for Fiesta and now gone for EcoSports. Still doesnt or cant justify fully why he really went for FORD alone, though in our discussions i too openly agreed that FORD fiesta is a good car but there are better ones too.
    He did not bothered to drive the car (fiesta) around the corners, in the pits, etc. But just did a TD on Nice road. Oh well i gasped! :A
  7. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Checked out ecosport with my friend. Top-end Ecosport diesel costs 11.6L in Bangalore.

Did anyone notice that boot cannot be opened if the battery is down? Thats what the sales guy told me. The sales guy say he cannot open the boot and show us because its battery is down.
    The engine doesnt have a cover on top. All pipes and nuts bolts exposed. The engine cover is an accessory. Cost 5.5K :eek:
    I have the list of accessories. It's interesting! I will post is later.
    Though they say it is very spacious, I doubt whether it can accommodate more than four people including driver!
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  8. I wouldnt be surprised if the sell steering as an add on accessory as well.Jokes apart,the ford eco sport looks good and definitely worth considering say after a few months when they give huge discounts..

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2
  9. Sumit

Sumit Superiore

Munger
    i think ecosport is only a spruced up version of figo with high ground clearance. all engines are boring and worth not to be in a SUV.
  10. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Don't expect any discounts even after few months. I believe they have now drafted the same strategy as they did for Figo. My friend bought Figo TDCI Titanium for Rs. 6.06L OTR in Chennai in June'2010. Now, the same car costs around Rs. 7.5 L OTR in Chennai. Launch cheap and slowly increase the price. I am expecting Ford will do the same with Ecosport as well.
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2013