1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Ford mini SUV EcoSport - Now Launched

Discussion in 'Non FIAT Cars and two wheelers' started by Cuty Red, Nov 11, 2011.

1. GaganTakker

GaganTakker Amatore

New Delhi
    Its not a SUV , even Ford says so

Its a car in a different shape with high GC to give it SUV type looks
  2. Surya

Surya Superiore

Namma Bengaluru
    Finally the Eco sport has landed with 5.99 - 8.99 bracket Hmmm.... i don't think it will in any way make difference to the Punto's and Linea's it has its own fan following right .?
    Now the Queue for all the existing and going to be Luv/MUV/NUV/SUV ABCD UV's and what not in the segment will shy away or suicide with the price tag of FORD nobody will even bother to look at them now.
  3. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Grande Punto 1.4
    Had a look at Ecosport at Total mall Sarjapur road. It actually looks good. But cannot call it a compact SUV from the looks. It's more like a raised hatchback. Or a hatchback that pretends to be an SUV. Whatever that be, pricing is the key, and I think Ford has done well there.
    1 person likes this.
  4. shams

shams Esperto

to me it looks like figo on steroids :mrgreen:
    7 people like this.
  5. Can somebody explain me how a Mini SUV is different from a SUV and a Hatch back. pardon my ignorance.
  6. Surya

Surya Superiore

Namma Bengaluru
    The Ford EcoSport launched in India for a jaw-dropping price..!

Ford has launched the EcoSport compact crossover in India for an incredible price of Rs 5.59 lakh (ex-showroom Delhi). One of the most highly anticipated vehicles of the year, the EcoSport has travelled a long and tumultuous road filled with many spy shots, price speculations and size comparisons since it was unveiled at the 2012 Indian Auto Expo last year. We have already driven the car and here are all the details that you need to know about the all-new compact SUV.
    The sub-four metre compact crossover is available with two petrol engines and one diesel mill. The former comprises a 1.5-litre mill and the award winning 123PS and 170Nm of torque 1.0-litre Ecoboost mill. The diesel is a 1.5-litre oil burner that produces 89PS and 204 Nm of torque and has been sourced from the Fiesta sedan. Power is transmitted to the front wheels via a five-speed manual or a six-speed automatic (petrol only).
    The EcoSport has brought many first in its segment features like Traction control, ABS, Hill assist as well as side and curtain airbags. Ford India has also for the first time included its award SYNC technology. It lets the driver control apps on smart phone via voice command. It will also connect directly with the local emergency services in case of an accident and pre-select the introductory line on basis of the location from the GPS input.
    The Ford EcoSport competes with the Renault Duster and the Mahindra XUV500. While it might lose out on practicality as compared to its rivals, the EcoSport makes up for this though its feature list as well as engine line up. It is almost certain that Ford is banking on the EcoSport to boost its sales and return its number to the days of the Ikon sedan as well as when the Figo hatchback was launched.

Note: Source content from Car wale posted here for information only..
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2013
  7. Parantap Chatterjee

Parantap Chatterjee Regolare

Linea T-Jet
    A mini SUV supposedly has the compactness/efficiency of a hatchback and the space/presence of an SUV , in other words , the best of both worlds. Or like a cynic would say , the worst of both worlds - na ghar ka na ghat ka :mrgreen:
  8. Thanks parantap. But what I wanted to know is, other than the 4x4 specs and engine options, what technical spec decides the vehicle is a Suv vs Mini Suv Vs hatch. May be GC is higher for SUV, little lesser for Mini Suv and lesser for hatch. like wise what else makes the difference ? is it the Suspension ? or what else
  9. acechip

acechip Superiore

Whatever it is, it is certainly grabbing ATTENTION!..If Teamfiat members discuss it in thread running into multiple pages, its a problem isnt it?

Fiat really needs to launch a big new product. Not a 25lakh JEEP.
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2013
  10. limraj

limraj Superiore

Linea 1.3
    +1 to it. They should bring affordable SUVs here. But, FIAT being too slow (or too early) they would mostly miss the chance.