1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Ford mini SUV EcoSport - Now Launched

Discussion in 'Non FIAT Cars and two wheelers' started by Cuty Red, Nov 11, 2011.

1. imranshks

imranshks Superiore

Bangalore
    @nadeem its glowplug module that's place at the lower position. Since Ford claims it to be water wading upto 500mm, the placement of glowplug module can blow it off when someone really tries to water wade.

Possibilities of short circuit or glowplug failure if someone takes it for some serious off-road or in water :) though no issues reported till date, Ford is recalling it as a precautionary measure.

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using Tapatalk 2
  2. Nadeem Ahmed VR 46

Nadeem Ahmed VR 46 Esperto

Gadag
    Ford is recalling to prevent glowplug module getting any damage in water wading??Ok..they are thinking and recalling cars now after launching it 15 days back..what where they doing when they were testing this Mini suv extensively on Indian roads..They where creating only hype by testing this mini suv on indian roads..
  3. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    Man, you need to chill.

Its probably a mix and match from the management. After all, business is all of this sorts. Any ways, lets hope that they did this precautionary measure to safeguard their customers. Atleast now they should test their car 1s again for any such issues instead of recalling them again later.
  4. pdydeva

pdydeva Regolare

India
    Oh yes a precautionary measure.. surprising that such an important design aspect was missed for a mini SUV.. that too from Ford.

After all, they had a year time to get field reports from Brazil apart from many test drives on Indian roads. Clearly, this is a marketing gimmick.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
    1 person likes this.
  5. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

FIAT should learn from FORD, This is how it is done. Compact SUV is a new segment created in India after Duster's success. FIAT is talking since 1 yr now to launch a compact SUV solely developed for India:evilsmile. Ford launched it, hardly any discussion with media (or i didn't notice it because i am too FIAT biased?). Assuming that FIAT follow and keep their plans, market strategy should be secret. Other manufacturers are quick to notice and pounce before you do. Who knows, FORD was nervous about JEEP badged mini SUV and God-speeded up Ecosport, no doubt others who are way way quicker to launch than they talk, will surely be benefitted. FIAT had a great chance to come back if it were some JEEP tag (locally built starting at Rs 6 lacs), they have all petrol/diesel technology to tear apart best of FE claims. No one is going to wait till 2014-2015, it will be the same story. People will claim it best but will be business failure, saturated market.

They will invest 3 yrs developing and manufacture a mini SUV when they already have most ideal product for India, Panda 4x4 which should be launched ahead of every other product in India. Amazing Offroader and one of the best of B-seg. car that world will ever witness. It can just do what Range Rover can and Eco-sport/Duster just can't, so unbelievable for a B-seg hatchback.

When it comes to Business and FIAT, hopeless!!
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2013
  6. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    I am feeling like Captain Kirk after seeing the evolution of this thread

picard.jpg
    4 people like this.