1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Ford mini SUV EcoSport - Now Launched

Discussion in 'Non FIAT Cars and two wheelers' started by Cuty Red, Nov 11, 2011.

1. raj29

raj29 Superiore

Rightly said Kedar. Ford is a manufacture whose cars are known equally good for ride and handling.
    Fords vehicles for India were all (if not most) good at ride and handling.

Even the Fiesta classic is a gem of a ride.

Lets not get biased with the passion of FIAT. :)
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2013
    3 people like this.
  2. Nadeem Ahmed VR 46

Nadeem Ahmed VR 46 Esperto

Gadag
    Ford are also capable but Fiat has little bit of European ness ride quality and handling which americans cant do..Europeans are masters in Ride quality,handling and comfort department..
  3. rudresh

rudresh Regolare

Hyderabad, India
    Ford's build quality is top notch. Be it paint or solidity.
  4. imranshks

imranshks Superiore

Bangalore
    Undoubtedly, i would say Ford cars are good handlers. Especially loved the new/failed Fiesta too (i don't know what good reason to call it failed). The road manners of the new Fiesta are awesome, the ride quality and handling too is on par with our Fiat linea but priced a little higher than our gorgeous Fiat linea.

Ecosport seemed to miss something, and i really dont know what that was. Bottomline, i as a driver felt there is no Wow factor in the car at all (be it drive or the looks). If i have 10L to spend i would rather get a Renault Duster home ;)

cheers !!!
  5. Nadeem Ahmed VR 46

Gadag
    If build quality is top notch then why there will be rattling noise from doors??
  6. Nadeem Ahmed VR 46

Gadag
    Ford cars are good handlers like Fiat cars..New Fiesta is a true drivers car no doubt about it..road grip,ride and handling is fantastic like Linea but the car failed in India because of its higher pricing,ugly looks compared to Gorgeous Linea,doesnt look like a proper mid size luxury saloon like how Linea looks..odd styling from side,cramped rear space..Ecosport is made at low cost and compromised on quality to keep pricing less..There's no Wow factor to say in Ecosport,its not a drivers car like old Fiesta or New Fiesta because there's some body roll because of its high GC and light weight unlike New Fiesta..it looks like a very small SUV..i love it from back with nice tail lamps and spare wheel mounted on tail gate in typical SUV style..but at front it's headlights and grill is designed oddly(my preference)..Imran Bhai if i too had 10L i would have bought a Renault Duster home..:) Duster looks elegant yet simple and classy from front with lots of chrome on front grill and from side and back it looks like a proper SUV..
  7. rudresh

rudresh Regolare

Hyderabad, India

Can't say about this generation of Ford, bt our 12 yrs old ford Ikon does not have rattles from doors at least. Yeah it has some other problems bt keeping that aside.
  8. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

I am looking forward to cars like fusion/focus, if they ever got to launch here. No issues praising a genuinely good car, Ford has created some best of all times and have its own share of Passionate followers. Praising good cars irrespective of bran doesn't mean that we should respectfully criticize a bad car because someone owns it. A car is either good or bad, words in between are used for consolidation in case someone happens to own a bad car. Noone will spend money on average car, its best for him. Call it diplomacy but who cares:D
    1 person likes this.
  9. rudresh

rudresh Regolare

Hyderabad, India
    Hope they launch Mustang sometimes. :evilsmile
  10. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

I am not sure what Mustang is like but jornalist who like fun to drive cars regard Mustang as a straight line muscle car. Again its knowing the strength of a brand, Ford is good in C/C+ seg mass produced affordable hoot to drive cars and Good offroading macho SUVs. You would call JLR a Tata, nope it's firmly rooted to Ford.:)

Mustang is custom made car for US, not sold anywhere else. Focus is a much bigger icon, much like what Panda 4x4 is to Fiat and Golf for VW. I wonder what is the platform for ecosport?