1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Ford mini SUV EcoSport - Now Launched

Discussion in 'Non FIAT Cars and two wheelers' started by Cuty Red, Nov 11, 2011.

1. Nadeem Ahmed VR 46

Nadeem Ahmed VR 46 Esperto

Gadag
    @Fiatlover you are absolutely right..Duster looks much better than Ecosport..it looks like a proper SUV..Ecosport is a hatchback for which they raised GC and said it's a Dhamaka product:evilsmile..Duster is a mini SUV compared to Scorpio,Storme and XUV 500 which sold at the price of a regular SUV because it is longer than 4 meters..if Duster price is reduced then Ecosport will be blasted like a Dhamaka:evilsmile from the car market just like how Amaze is getting blasted now:lol..
  2. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    One member in the definitive forum has commented,
    tbhp.jpg

Had it been Fiat instead of Ford, the thread would have at least grown 10-20 pages by now. :)

Commend it, if you like the brand.
    Blast it, if you hate the brand.
  3. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

I saw my 1st Ecosport yesterday.... hummm.. serious vehicle.
    I don't know it's usability, interior space etc. but one thing is sure... this car won't disgrace our roads like many others do.
    It's an elegant neat looking glossy modern vehicle, a true international FORD after NEW FIESTA, lets hope it goes smooth this time for FORD. We won't be doing good to ourselves by rejecting such vehicles. I could have a glance at it's dashboard too, typical TRANSFORMER (Megatron) theme of FOCUS dashboard, not a bad vehicle to immitate at all. The front is inspired by recently launched FUSION sedan, another masterpiece from FORD.

If it's driving aspects too mimicks a bit of Focus/Fusion then Indians could really experience what true FORD is all about.
    All in all, really liked this hatchback/suv whatever.. hope we can get more such Ford's here rather than just badges, would love to see Indian roads with beautiful Fusions and Focuses (NoNo's and F-Alto-os, ahhh!! pure eyebleeding stuff :A)!!!

Ford-Fusion-front-end.jpg 2012-Ford-Focus-interior-thumb-607x403-34919.jpg Ford Focus.jpg
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2013
    2 people like this.
  4. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Ramesh, how dare you bring logic into any discussion/debate related to FIAT? :p

When it comes to FIAT, irony abounds. Like the irony dripping from that poster's post.
    1 person likes this.
  5. imranshks

imranshks Superiore

Bangalore
    I test drove the 1.0 L ecoboost. It never felt that the car has 120 HP as the salesman claimed, but then as per Ford claims great mileage 18kmpl, this car seems to be the best bet for petrolheads.

It handles well, it could eat corners easily, and the body roll was negligible inspite of its height. I was impressed indeed.

What I dint like is, price tag for a 1.0L engine, the plastic rattles in the car, I felt my Punto is Way too silent than the Ecosport I drove with respect to rattles. The suspension seemed more like post 2012 Fiat cars, a lot on the stiffer side. Lastly, don't call it even a mini SUV. It's just a 4 seater, only 4 full grown adults like me can fit into that car.

It was a short drive of around 4 kms. Let's see if I get to take it for a spin sometime later.

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using Tapatalk 2
  6. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

Yep, that's the sad part of the story,tailormade for India, perfect place to ruin great cars. In their original avtar, they are just kicked for some unknown reasons. When-ever i see Ford Mondeo/Fusion/Chevrolet SRV (the rear was a looker!!)/opel Corsa/New Ford Fiesta/Palio/Linea:D, it just gets more and more hurting.

By the way, what plastic rattles? It looked a pretty solid vehicle from outside with good fit/finishing all around, if inner stuff is filmsy, that disappointing:A. Be it car or SUV, it is four full grown people only (according to me), somehow i just maintain this mindset. That rattling was surely a set back.
  7. imranshks

imranshks Superiore

Bangalore
    I could hear rattling from the plastics of rear doors. Rattles from the plastics on the boot. When I asked the sales guy why are the plastics rattling in a brand new car ? He said "Sir its a test drive vehicle".

In no way the car must have been abused so much in so less time. Somehow I felt the quality of interiors was better in New Ford Fiesta (not Ford classic). Ford has customised the Ecosport for India and compromised a bit on quality in order to fit the price bracket.

For a change if one wants to opt for something different, Ecosport is nice. But, you definitely cannot drive an Ecosport like you drive a Fiat Punto :D

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using Tapatalk 2
  8. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Absolutely. It's just for four adults. You can may be fit a kid below ten in the rear if you are very particular about fitting a fifth person. I did test drive ecosport diesel version couple of weeks back. It drives well, felt heavy and solid, and didn't hear any rattle. I did some quick deflection to either sides at 60+kmph and kind of handled okay for its GC. Didnt want to push it to topple. :)

Dashboard appeared to be the ditto of the new, failed fiesta.
    It has the start/stop button on the left of steering!
  9. Nadeem Ahmed VR 46

Nadeem Ahmed VR 46 Esperto

Gadag
    Ford cars never come close in Ride and handling,Driving pleasure as Fiat cars are known..Fiat's Build quality is solid compared to iffy build quality of Ford..Ford has compromised a lot on quality to keep the pricing very competitive..
  10. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Nadeem Ford cars also as capable as FIAT cars when it comes to Handling, Ride quality and comfort. Just check some videos of Ford Fiesta Hatchback on Youtube.
    2 people like this.