1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Ford mini SUV EcoSport - Now Launched

Discussion in 'Non FIAT Cars and two wheelers' started by Cuty Red, Nov 11, 2011.

1. 1 person likes this.
  2. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    Praveen,
    Already posted in this thread :)
  3. Pauleralil

Pauleralil Regolare

Kochi/Bangalore
    I did a test drive of the ecosport today.. In short below
    Absolute VFM champion within the 10lkhs budget..

Silver Color gives the car a larger than actual looks ( in my eyes) while darker colors makes the ecosport looks small.
    Very good design language
    Good boot space for the
    Fantastic features
    Gem of an Engine ( Ecoboost)
    Good overall driver view

Negative:
    Felt claustrophobic and had absolutely no room if 4 well built adults are seated..
    The dashboard design was bit intrusive to me ( My punto had a airy feeling in this area)
    Brakes( no wonder many vehicles toppled.. it is not at all confidence inspiring. Not match for Linea/punto)

Verdict: Absolute VFM champion. Sure shot winner.
    Would i buy: Yes!! I will. Since i already have a linea, I could have had a change instead of my Punto (if it was only released in Nov'12 )
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2013
  4. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    We were asked to sign in the Indemnity form in Bangalore too. The vehicles were not registered. They did not even have a temp registration. They said "it is still in progress!" Registered or not, there was a long queue for test drives.
    They were allowing test drives only on the service road, where there is less traffic. But for some reasons, they allowed us drive on the main road, may be because we were asking a whole lot of technical questions about the features or the lack of it.
  5. pdydeva

pdydeva Regolare

India
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2013
  6. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Indemnity form during TD - well that is certainly new! Defeats the entire purpose of a TD.

Let's hope the Ecosport is not an inherently flawed design. Visually it looks top heavy sitting on puny tyres. Not a good combo. The Duster is a far more balanced design.
  7. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Marketing gimmick! Just to tell media and people that we care for the customers. Very few vehicles are on the road. How did they suddenly recognize that there is an issue?
  8. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Marketing gimmick - May or may not be.

Sometimes, this may turn into a negative publicity too. I couldn't judge if Ford would take this kind of risk really.
  9. Nadeem Ahmed VR 46

Nadeem Ahmed VR 46 Esperto

Gadag
    This shows how American's Ecosport is unreliable against European Duster..
  10. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    If you compare side-by-side duster is a much better vehicle. The only difference in terms of marketing are:
    Ecosport is a hatchback sold as a mini-SUV at the price of mini-SUV
    Duster is a mini-SUV sold at the price of a regular SUV. If Duster price is reduced, Ecosport will be routed.
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2013