1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Ford mini SUV EcoSport - Now Launched

Discussion in 'Non FIAT Cars and two wheelers' started by Cuty Red, Nov 11, 2011.

1. Come on FORD rename your ecosport as "FORD Trampoline Sport "
    1 person likes this.
  2. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
  3. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Today, I went along with a friend to MPL Ford to have a look at the EcoSport and also to take a TD. To our shock, we were asked to sign an 'Indemnity Form' which states that we will have to take responsibility for any damage happens to the vehicle during TD. I have never encountered such a process with any dealer so far. I asked them whether the vehicle is Insured or not. The SA told that it is yet to be registered and they don't have insurance. I was taken back by his answer and asked how can they take the vehicle out without any insurance. Immediately another senior guy intervened and told that they do have insurance for all the TD vehicles at MPL Ford and this indemnity form process is the direction from Ford itself and not that of dealer. I wasn't convinced and decided not to take TD. And it looked like we were the only one to oppose their indemnity form process and the SA came to us asking whether we are from the 'Media'. :D

Later, we called another dealer in Chennai, 'Chennai Ford' and they were ready to offer the TD and there is no such thing called 'Indemnity Form' with them. :)

Ok. Coming back to EcoSport, as specified by others, it doesn't look like an SUV or Mini-SUV at all. It is just another big Hatch. Probably they can brand this as 'Micro-SUV'. I was personally completely against the pricing of Duster and was hoping that EcoSport should kill Duster after seeing the killer pricing from Ford. But, sorry EcoSport, you don't deserve to be compared with Duster. Period.

Some Pictures.

1-RAM_4924.JPG

2-RAM_4925.JPG

3-RAM_4926.JPG

4-RAM_4928.JPG

5-RAM_4929.JPG

6-RAM_4931.JPG
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2013
    10 people like this.
  4. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    Ford wants its customers to feel their Engine. Hence every thing bare boned. Good. I like it :)
  5. Nadeem Ahmed VR 46

Nadeem Ahmed VR 46 Esperto

Gadag
    I dont like this car's front styling...its too ugly..:evilsmile..i love to see it from rear angle..
    1 person likes this.
  6. I am really concerned on stability aspect of this car aka micro SUV,two cars overturned even before it sold decent numbers?
  7. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    This is exactly the point I was trying to make in the off-topic thread, where there was a heated discussion happening on Punto's braking. This car is aimed for a specific market. The people who buy these cars will not be expected to push the car to its limits and when driven normally, this car should do just fine. After all, we still see a considerable number of Omnis on the roads, don't we? Not each one of them have overturned.

This car has to deliver what it promises and I do not believe anywhere there is a mention of road hugging capabilities. We, the so called enthusiasts are also to blame to a certain extent. We discuss 0-100 a lot more than we discuss 80-0. Also, most people tend to behave like MS reincarnates when doing a TD.

Rajan
    3 people like this.
  8. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

Ford designs have evolved dramatically over the last decade, they do make some very beautiful and capable cars. It looks like another disaster, thanks to Indian taste:A.
  9. rudresh

rudresh Regolare

Hyderabad, India
    talking about the looks, today morning when I was getting out from my apartment complex, another Ford ecosports was coming out from adjacent building. we were already in the car. I asked my wife to check out Ford through mirror. She said,

"somebody forgot to put lips on the front as I see only the gums and I don't like it" :evilsmile
    1 person likes this.
  10. Why don't we see similar pictures or incidents for other SUV's in the market ? I haven't heard of overturned TD Duster till date.
    Why India becoming dustbin for such unsafe cars?