1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Ford mini SUV EcoSport - Now Launched

Discussion in 'Non FIAT Cars and two wheelers' started by Cuty Red, Nov 11, 2011.

1. Friends ,
    Today I was talking to one of my friend @ Ford and when I said about the Punto 90 hp @ 7.7 lk .. he was mentioning about this mini SUV from Ford that they are planning to be launched in India by 2012 .. A sure competitor for XUV 500.
    Looks awsome !!

2. kaps

kaps Superiore

Thread title is misleading IMHO. It should be FORD mini SUV to be launched.
  3. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    hieght of fiatism....!!!
  4. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Title should be the Ford Mini SUV Ecosport.

Ecosport has 1.6 Rocam Petrol Engine and 2.0 Diesel Engine in Brazil. If Ford is planning to launch the same SUV in Indian Market are they going to stick to the same engine specification? If YES then are they going to price this car at 7-8 lac?

PS: I liked this SUV if is going to launch in India with 7-8lac price bracket I am going to buy this SUV :)
  5. Mods , Can you please change the title to "Ford Mini SUV Ecosport" ?

---------- Post added at 10:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:13 AM ----------

Kedar , Infact the rumour is that this will be priced< 10 lk .and will be build on their existing sedan platform .But I was hesistant to quote this price because there was no valid news on the pricing and few sites like carwale etc etc showed the price to be 15K which wont be true since this SUV is supposed to be build in india .Because the much much bigger endeavour they are selling for around 20 lks .

---------- Post added at 10:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:18 AM ----------

Yes Jayadev.. Last day I had parked my punto behind the Ford office and I was directing my location to friend as " I am right behind Fiat office.Come there .." and he was like "That is great news !! that Fiat is having a office in Chennai !! "

Hope this fiatism lives long :)
  6. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3
    Thread titled edited as per comments. Kindly use the report post feature for better and faster moderation. Thanks.
  7. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Grande Punto 1.4
    Ecosport campaign has started...Saw advts on a few channels
    no news about pricing though...
  8. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Grande Punto 1.3
    I believe Eco Sport would be diplayed in a Mumbai shopping mall over the weekend.
  9. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Grande Punto 1.4
    Ecosport will be a huge hit if they price it properly... no doubt! It looks much better than the Xylo and baby xylo
    1 person likes this.
  10. amit

amit Superiore

Navi Mumbai
    It's coming with a 1.0L Ecoboost petrol engine which will be joined by the new 1.5L petrol & diesel that power the Fiesta sedan.

I don't think the 1.6L Petrol motor in Brazil is a Rocam engine. If it is then Ford can't launch it here as it will make people think that Ford has brought back a 15 year old engine from the Ikon and then sales will go topsy turvy.