1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Ford Figo TDCI Vs Fiat Punto MJD

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by chandu525, Jan 31, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ops

ops Amatore

Kathmandu
    Nepal
    Punto Abarth
    have driven figo tdci 16000 km before shifting to linea mjd. Drivability is not an issue in linea even in bumper to bumper traffic. Hope punto and linea multijet is same as far as drivability is concerned. Not driven punto in bumper to bumper traffic though.
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2013
  2. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Let your uncle drive the Punto and the Figo on the same stretch with same speed on the curves and the bumps..
    Even though prefers Figo then its okay, we cant force anyone to go for the brand, we can only say the fact about the car.

Punto is more n more refined than the Figo need not need any bashing for it....
  3. It seems as if you are not happy with your fiat..maybe you are finding it hard to drive, but I drive in all kinds of city traffic, I would anyday take my punto in the city and yes I am comparing it with my swift which is far more swifter than figo...

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2
  4. Akshay4384

Akshay4384 Superiore

lol-you got me totally wrong here.
    You need to meet me to know how much i love my Misty(Linea).
    Yes my primary usage is on highways,so i do not enjoy driving Linea in city traffic(Another reason can be i always have to try hard to keep it away from an odd moron scratching my linea),i find it easier to drive a figo or even a scorpio in traffic,as both these vehicles have good driveability,and swift also suffers from turbo lag.Regarding Punto vs Figo,i dont deny the fact that as an overall car punto is better,but even figo is not as bad as people have pointed out,its handles as good as a punto,and its HPS offers almost similar feedback,and in fact i have found ford's handling to be slightly sharper than Fiat's.Yes,the interior quality is pretty bad and engine is on the noisier side,and it suffers from low GC,but still the titanium model offers good VFM.
  5. pioneeraaron

pioneeraaron Superiore

Mulund/Mumbai
    Agree with Akshay here.Linea is not a city car.Really tiresome to drive it in city.Linea is totally a highway car.Punto is a city + highway car.Punto has an added advantage of power to weigh ratio,thats why its not tiresome to drive the punto in the city.
  6. deba

deba Amatore

Itanagar, Arunachal Pradesh
    itanagar
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Before buying my Punto MJD I test drove the i20, Swift, Figo and the Punto. Maruti has a great ASS network, Hyundai and Ford almost equal ASS network and Pun to is a step brother in the infamous TATA ASS network. Apart from that Punto is better in most of the technical aspects (the i20 crdi is a beast, the figo 1.4 is old school and Swift and Punto share the same engine but with different tuning. Lastly handling wise none even comes near (you feel sorry for the i20 crdi engine). But eventually the decision depends on what you really want.
  7. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    If you are referring to Linea MJD, I will have to totally disagree here.
  8. Akshay4384

Akshay4384 Superiore

I think he was referring to Linea 1.4 may be,i have not driven the petrol powered Linea\Punto so cannot comment on these.
    Also it all depends on personal prefrences and driving styles,one man's chalk may be other man's cheese.
    So arguing on topic that Linea\Punto MJD has good drive ability or not ,wont yeild any fruitful results.
  9. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Agree. But, one thing to be noted here is that Pre June 2010 Linea was tuned differently and it has more lag than the current version. One may find difficult with city driving with that version. Again, that was also a beast on highway.
  10. amogh

amogh Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Enough of the off topic posts

Closing this thread
    2 people like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.