1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Ford Figo TDCI Vs Fiat Punto MJD

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by chandu525, Jan 31, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Akshay4384

Akshay4384 Superiore

You may want to check with Honda\Toyota first:)
  2. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    My friends tata indica tourist has run 3lacs 28 thousand , another one has travelled 2lacs plus.

Have seen a Linea done 1 lacs already. Epicentre who is on our forum has also done equal kms.

Keep changing oil at 10k kms. Keep maintaining the idling before start and before stopping - your engine shall live till iternity.
  3. Akshay4384

Akshay4384 Superiore

My Linea gets a dosage of Delvac 1 every 7500kms,and Idles for at least 2 mins before start or shutting down for the day,lets see how long her motor lasts.
    But the point of this thread is Figo vs Punto,i agree its a fiat forum,and people will give an arm and a leg to prove Punto is superior however each and every car has its USP,and for figo is its driveability,if the car wont see much of highways a figo makes more sense over a punto anyday.
  4. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    I would probably say if the car won't see much of roads then Figo makes absolute sense over Punto. :D

Come on Akshay, Punto is ages ahead of Figo.
  5. Akshay4384

Akshay4384 Superiore

Not when it comes to everyday driveability in a choc a block city traffic:)
    And if you still dont agree,go ahead and take a TD of a Punto and a Figo back to back.
  6. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I am not sure where you drive, but I drive Punto daily in Bangalore traffic, and it is one of the most chaotic traffic in India.
    I also have driven Figo in same condition.

Yes Figo has better low end torque and turbo lag is less than Punto, but on the whole driviability is not much different on both.
    But this is just one parameter, Punto scores high on all other parameters.
  7. puneet mehra

puneet mehra Amatore

I strongly agree you can not force any one to buy Punto... it comes direct Dil se.... No comparison between Ford Figo and Punto as Punto is a generation ahead as compare to Ford Figo... I drove both vehicle and found that Ford is good in terms of handling and drivebility while Punto is excellent.. Figo's 68 BHP 8 valve diesel engine is good however Punto's 75 BHP 16 valve Multijet engine is excellent... Ford is quicker and has a very sharp handling while Punto is rocking once it comes on his own way... However I respect Both car as both have rock solid build quality.... My personal Favourite is Punto and second option what I have is Figo because there is not any space for Japanese and Korean siblings...

Regards
    Puneet Mehra
    Fiat Palio 1.2 NV ELX... Its Paliomania
    2 people like this.
  8. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune

See chararteristics of both cars is different. Agreed 100% that the gearing ratio and power delivery of Figo and fiesta is way better than punto and linea when it comes to city driving.
    But technology wise Fiat mjd is way ahead.
    Even if u check the price of components fitted on ford and fiat you will easily understand that fiat is way better when it comes to value for money.
    1 person likes this.
  9. Herbie

Herbie Regolare

Bombay
    Grande Punto 1.4
    There is no point in forcing things down someone's throat as the proverbial saying goes.
    every ones gotta personalized taste bud with regards to various things in life.. Pizza is as sumptuous to a person as is idli to another as is chole bhature to another.. All these have their own nutritional points in pluses and minuses .. No plus point of a particular dish makes the other dish inferior... It's a matter of personal choice and preference at a given time.
    You have played your part by giving your two cents.. Now leave him at his peace to decide upon himself to choose his soulmate( roadmate ).
    Remember it's got to be a love Affair and not an arranged marriage ;) !! " we all fell in love with our punto and lineas and no one coaxed us..it's gotta come from within buddy! "

CAUTION : and even if you force him to buy a punto and god forbidden his car goes through some strange snags tat some of our fellow forum members have experienced....then you may perhaps will have to do the answering for quite some time ;) and tats why I say tat if a person loves a car, he will come out with a smiling face once he is out of the snag- dragg ;).
  10. mightymaveryk

mightymaveryk Regolare

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    For a 1.4 litter engine, the power and torque is very less. They reduced the power to meet up the BS4 standards or to make the car to give better mileage. The MJD is tuned with turbo lag at low gears to meet with BS4 standards but not compromised with the power and the torque as well mileage. There Punto stands way ahead than a Figo.
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2013
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.