1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Ford Figo TDCI Vs Fiat Punto MJD

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by chandu525, Jan 31, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. amogh

amogh Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hi Manil,

When I said "refreshed" I was referring to the facelifted version and not the "refreshed" version you are referring to :)

Amogh
  2. Akshay4384

Akshay4384 Superiore

I will have to disagree on it,yes the Tdci is old school when you compare it to MJD,but it is as reliable.
    Close Acquintance owns two Figo's one is at 96K and the other at 1.1L on odo,both are still going strong,have not had any sort of major repairs.Every time i visit Fiat aftersales i see Linea's going for engine rebuild at~ 1 lakh on odo.So lets not go just by words.And Yes regarding Fun to drive factor,figo is equally fun to drive.Where figo lacks is in noise insulation department,and lack of outright performance on highways.As a car which wont see highways often,it makes more sense than the punto.

- - - Merged Post - - -
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2013
  3. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    No, not really just words. The mechanic i speak of is in Sector 52 motor market, just beside the Palio guys and only works on Fords - Fiesta, Figo, Endy. I'm not sure if there can be a bigger testimony than him. He was the one who told about the cracked engine blocks.

But ofcourse, exceptions will always be there. Like a Multijet blowing up sooner than expected or the Ford 1.4 lasting unusually long. :)

Cheers.
    2 people like this.
  4. Nuts&Bolts

Nuts&Bolts Novizio

Auburn Hills, MI
    Chandu, I work for Ford & I Own a Punto ;)
    13 people like this.
  5. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    This says it all. Matter closed. :)
    4 people like this.
  6. vishnu's

vishnu's Amatore

show him the team-bhp thread about Figo's engine stalling issue.. :)
  7. pioneeraaron

pioneeraaron Superiore

Mulund/Mumbai
    Timely care and proper maintenance can make any engine last longer.Lets just not compare about our friends/colleagues car standing at so and so xxxxxxkms.AFAIK Fiat/Eurepean engines do last longer than any other make!

Sent from my Ideos X5 using Tapatalk
  8. chandu525

chandu525 Amatore

Bangalore
    I sent him the same link but if you read the few posts below, My uncle brushed it saying it might be in some cars after he read so called Team BHP gurus have suspected it as a bad quality of fuel, Driver fault, Air Filter, Engine Oil Level blah blah blah, but apparently truth is its car fault, I checked with my friend who owns Figo he also told he faced exactly same problem after I pointed teambhp thread to him, He was kind of agreed that its a genuine car problem, BUt he said what ever th problem is Ford will replace the defective assembly, but the fact is no body wants to talk genuine problems with the car when it comes to Hyundai, Maruti, Ford. If someone opens a thread only for problems faced in these cars don't how many pages the list runs into

I generally go through problem threads w.r.t FIAT cars, I have never seen anything like Car stalled in the middle of the road due to engine failure leaving a dead steering to the driver, This is what the level of problems that are talked in the TeamBHP thread
  9. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    @ Chandu, dont push your uncle too much. Let him buy and enjoy the figo.
  10. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    ^^ I second the above view. There is no point in pushing a person too much. After all he is going to drive the car on regular basis, so he should be completely convinced about what he is buying. Else I dont think he shall enjoy driving the car also. Small negatives might turn into major issues. Later on in case of small niggles also, you might end up taking the blame for suggesting. If the decision is self made, then one cant blame anyone :evilsmile
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.