1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Ford Figo TDCI Vs Fiat Punto MJD

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by chandu525, Jan 31, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shadowfax

Shadowfax Regolare

All you need to do is get ur prey (uncle) to water (test drive). Leave the rest to him.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
  2. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    chandu,
    Your uncle is comparing a hatchback with hatchback :) ,the fact in TFI is that Punto is not hatchback :D .
    Now the person who dont want to know/not interested in the technical stuff then the turbo lag comes into picture,figo is better here.
    The drive,handling punto is way better.. the cabin is very big and it gives sedan feature,look at the figo seats as compared to punto.
    steering one of the dumb steering and pretty hard as compared to our steering.
    i tried figo above 60Kmph on cornerings but not comfortable, felt like i will fall outside,again punto wins here.
    Have you ever seen a figo when fully loaded with 5 people ?

P.S:- It's Driver's car.
  3. Ashpalio

Ashpalio Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Chandu,

My take, request him to drive a Figo on various types of roads - not just for the ride but also for the drivability and ease of use. Then do the same with the Punto. After that let him decide. Suggest, guide but dont insist - something goes wrong and hell breaks loose over you :) Personal experiences :D.
    1 person likes this.
  4. Manilruben

Manilruben Amatore

Chennai
    Hi Chandru,

I have seen 2 of my friends who have complained that FIAT is pathetic in terms of everything and i have never uttered a word to convience them but after a drive in my PUNTO they have just gone and booked one ..the best part i remember is my FATHER IN LAW who never agrees on any thing i suggested , except on one thing that i am a good husband to his daughter and cursed me when i bought my punto ....and 4 months later...

HE OWNS A PUNTO DYNAMIC so there goes without saying ...but yet his ego still has not let him to say that i have choosen a good car but he has choosen one....
    12 people like this.
  5. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    You are one hell of a Fiat lover, Manil. I really doubt if I would support Fiat if I had gone through your pains. I really respect your passion.
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  6. chandu525

chandu525 Amatore

Bangalore
    Thanks all the replies , Now Enough of talk, What I will do is Since he has already driven ford, I will let him drive my 90HP , There is a ghat nearby to our home town one has to climb around 20 KMS to reach a Temple, I think that should be the decider for him, If he still wants FIGO after driving my car I will never try an attempt to convince him! Let him buy FIGO
  7. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I hope he returns your Punto keys after this drive ;) :D
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2013
  8. Manilruben

Manilruben Amatore

Chennai
    Ramjn,

I love the brand and it is truely a world class car....yes i agree that the amount of pain of my but i am determined to solve the issue since i am sure and confident that FIAT CANNOT MANUFACTURE SUB STANDARD Cars but the right workmenship is not there to correct the issue..

and just on the update after my test drive they have confirmed it is the suspension joint noise and bolting has been done properly.

Mu belief is if the fault is diagonised properly then there lies a solution which tensign agreed that he has identified after me bringing him to my home anf taking a test drive..

and please await for the buying experience of my BNW FIAT LINEA in a couple of months i am just waiting see the refreshed one
  9. amogh

amogh Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Manil,

Refreshed Linea in a couple of months seems a little difficult at this point. I wish I could give you more details but I can't.

However if you do decide to wait for the refreshed Linea : the wait is going to be worth it :)
  10. Manilruben

Manilruben Amatore

Chennai
    Oh Thanks amog..i did TD of the linea 2012 Model it made no difference to my PUNTO with the increased GC ...but the dealer told me that the 2013 linea will be refreshed interiors and slight tuning of the suspension to be in the showrooms by march 1st and the fully facelifted model by end 2013.

i am sure even MR RAVI confirmed the same ..so i am wating to see the 2013 car with the VIN no and will decide ..by then my project with the PUNTO should be over since we have atlast found the issue so now it needs to be rectified.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.