1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Ford Figo TDCI Vs Fiat Punto MJD

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by chandu525, Jan 31, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chandu525

chandu525 Amatore

I am having a hard time to convince my uncle that Punto MJD is way better than Ford Figo TDCI, Initially I told him Ford Figo's ground clearance is low and I also provided him the link to another classic ford issues http://www.teamfiat.co.in/non-fiat-automotive-news/8681-braking-issue-lower-rpms-ford-figo.html, But Looks like showroom guy has biased him with the following answers

1. Ford's Engine is Fully Aluminum which will never corrode unlike FIAT MJD? , Is this ture ? I was kind of surprised after hearing this, I told my uncle that I will check this but looks like it is true I could find this article which says ford engine is fully aluminum Is Ford Figo's 160Nm torque diesel engine an underpowered one for this car? - Yahoo! Answers India

2. Show room SA told him like the GC issues has been fixed in 2012 models and The Braking issue is hardly seen in recent ford cars, this issue is because ppl don't know how to drive the car!, using adulterated fuel, not because of some inherit problem with the Car

I also told him that FIAT engine has 16 valves and Dual Crank unlike Ford's 8 valve and dual crank, but he doesn't want to get into too much techincal stuff , He initially booked the Ritz ZXI but since Maruti Increased the prices he got inclined towards Ford, For 7.5 Lakhs OTR he gets the Top End of Ford that's why he is not interested in Any other car which can give same features at the same price

I am confused How Can I Convince him to believe FIAT is better than ford for that Price! any pointers would help
  2. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Linea 1.3
  3. pioneeraaron

pioneeraaron Superiore

All modern day engines are made up of fully aluminum.

If your uncle is so keen on Figo then let him go for it chandu.You cannot impose yourself on him to buy a Punto.The answer should come from his heart when he drives the Punto and Figo back to back!!
    6 people like this.
  4. sundar1900

sundar1900 Amatore

I started this thread when I was looking for a good car. I somehow stumbled upon TFI forum which opened my eyes. Today I am a proud owner of Punto with 13000 Km of running. People who scoffed at my decision are now discovering a new feature everyday in my Punto. Once I gave my Punto to my Figo collegue who was bashing me about my selection. He was floored by Punto's ride but to satisfy his ego, he said, "Punto is a nice car but it is only the ASS that is pulling down FIAT" His eyes belied his words, which seemed to say "what a wonderful car, it should be in the leagues of mercs and BMWs". Let me summarize how he started respecting FIAT in a single encounter...

Figoian: I have bluetooth in my car do you have?
    me: Yes, I do have
    Figoian: I can view the names saved in my phone by tuning this (he showed this by tuning a tuner that is no different than one in 70's radios)
    me: Its a nice thing you have. But I dont have to take my hand out of the steering to scroll the numbers. Further I have voice recognition in my system (There is no more conversation regarding Bluetooth after this point.

After this he saw the wheel size, rear power windows and ofcourse took it for a ride. The mjd engine sound should have mesmerized him. Figo's engine sound reminds me mini tractor to say the least. Punto is class leading in every department. One can hardly get a better car for less than 10L that is comparable to Punto. I know Ramjn's candid love for Jazz; sorry buddy, it can't match sturdiness and precise steering of Punto. I would say one can blindly go for Fiat, which will take care of the owners pride in style.
    10 people like this.
  5. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Linea 1.3
    Ha Ha Ha. I don't have any love towards any car other than Fiat. But, yes I do recommend Jazz to few who are very confused about Fiat and need only Petrol car.
    3 people like this.
  6. Ground clearance of ford is still an issue.please ask your uncle to get all the facts rechecked..
    I didnt understand why the hell aluminum engine is required? It is a punny engine meant for city use only...figo is not a drivers car, it is not soo great in highways..
    Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2
  7. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3
    Even I recommend jazz :).

On comparison between Figo Diesel and Punto Diesel, only thing better I could find in Figo is low end torque (and of course price), except that every thing Punto is better than Figo.

Punto is a league ahead on looks, interiors, comfort, tyres size, GC, features, steering feeling etc etc.
    Figo does have nice ride and handling too, typical ford's character, but Punto is ahead in these parameters also.
  8. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Ford Figo and Fiesta engine is an old tech 2 valves per cylinder 68bhp engine. Fiat has a state of art 1.3 multijet engine with 4 valves per cylinder, dual overhead camshafts, injectors that fire upto 5 times in single injection cycle and a much powerful 75bhp and 90bhp engine.

MJD engine is very refined and less noisy than then Ford duratorq engine.
    2 people like this.
  9. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

When it comes to reliability, there is really no competition at all. It's not even an apples to oranges comparison. It's more like an apples to lizard comparison. You get the point. The Multijet is THE KING.

Just ask any mechanic worth his salt about the Ford engine and he will tell you the real story. Ask him how many cracked Ford 1.4 diesel engine blocks / blown up engines he has seen. The one mechanic i know of has seen a LOT. And he only works on Fords.

The Ford 1.4 is a dinosaur, if there ever was any.

6 people like this.
  10. ajuvignesh

ajuvignesh Amatore

Chennai, Kanyakumari, Trivandrum.
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    I think your uncle unaware of the hefty maintenance cost of fords. The GC is still 168mm.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.