1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Ford Eco-Sport or Fiat Punto Sport

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by sampy, Sep 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sampy

sampy

Hyderabad
    Those are some awesome responses.......Very very soon will join the club/family of "PROUD OWNER OF FIAT".....Thank You'll so much for your valuble suggestions.....AND PUNTO SPORT IT IS.......
    1 person likes this.
  2. senthil

senthil

chennai
    Having TD both punto/ecosport . Am wondering why the above point comes up in first place itself. Ecosport is just looks, and things ends there. Ecosport Ride quality is poor, rear bench comfort for 3 is awful. and so.
  3. RedPoint

RedPoint Amatore

Chennai
    IMO, my vote is to 'Punto 90hp' rather than 'Punto sport 90hp'

You can't expect an answer other than FIAT product in a fiat forum where guys already addicted to it. You may not get more than this. Every one here have already choosen fiat because it won all of our hearts than Marutis, Fords etc.

I got a punto 75hp couple of weeks ago and enjoying it to my satisfaction. I have less exposure to motors skills, but people here will make you learn something which I don't find an exclusive forum for other cars. One additional advantage of getting a FIAT - you can get lot of assistance from fellow TFIans apart from FASS to diagnose issues yourself. If go for other products, but you have only chance to stick to dealers service centers in a queue.

If your concern is music then you have got the open hearted honest answer already what punto speakers can deliver. If you need driving pleasure, drive it and feel it :)
    1 person likes this.
  4. N Kiran

N Kiran Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    Hello Sampy,

A warm welcome to TFI.

What is the criteria you are looking for in your next car? Apparantly no OEM car under 10 lakhs would suffice a audiophile for sure. Back seat comfort isn't great in Punto, but compared to the other 2 options that you have, is a clear winner. BTW, why are you not looking at Sedans?

Since you already owned a Swift for 5.5 yrs, which comes with the Fiat engine, you know the best aspects of it already. Also that you have driven your colleuge's Punto, you know where Punto shines in comparision to Swift. The safety features and Equipment level that you get on the top end Emotion beats Swift hands down. 90HP/Sports is a different leauge in itself. Punto is VFM in all aspects.

FASS is definitely not in the leauge of Maruti, but is improving pretty quickly. You might have noticed that a new dealer A.V. Motors have inaugurated their showroom yesterday. Their temperory SC is up and running at Jeedimetla and a new permanent SC would soon comeup in Sanath Nagar. So, Hyderabad has 2 SCs and hence you would have an option to choose based on other owners experiences. As our members mentioned earlier, the service interval is either 15k kms or 1 yr (whichever is earlier) and the overall costs will be anywhere from 6k to 12k for atleast the first 5 years. RSA is pretty good (had 2 great experiences so far), warranty of 5yrs will definitely give you peace of mind.

Good luck with your buy.
    2 people like this.
  5. Nadeem Ahmed VR 46

Nadeem Ahmed VR 46 Esperto

Gadag
    Welcome to the world of Fiat Fans in India Sampy.Congrats for making choosing Punto Sport (Heart) over Ecosport (Head).At the end of the day its The Fiat which will make you proud to have owned it.Ecosport is ugly at front but nice to look from rear three quarters & else nothing is great in that car.
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2013
  6. sampy

sampy

Hyderabad
    Dear Friends, Going to book Fiat Punto Sport this weekend....Taking it via Company Car Lease Scheme....So depending on how fast my company processess the application, that soon I should be getting my hands on the SPORT....

- - - Merged Post - - -

@Kiran, Thank you for your inputs & suggestions. My budget is strictly around 10lacs...Initially since Eco-Sport was falling under my budget and with first in segment features like the Push Button Start & Key Less entry I preffered and also a little SUVish kind of looks......But now since they removed those features and increased the price...I'm completly put-off of Eco-Sport. Speaking about Sedans, I basically prefer top-end models...I doubt any sedan will fall under my budget....So finally PUNTO IT IS :)
    2 people like this.
  7. sathishgv

sathishgv Regolare

Paradip, odisha
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Paaji, these were the message that i gave to my wife but in different words yesterday about ford eco-sport.

Sampy welcome to the fiat club. I am too late to give a response as my fellow TFIans have provided enough. Just add one more, Whatever be the drawbacks, say music quality, ASS, it will come to your mind only outside the car when you are not driving. Just by holding the steering wheel everything else melts like butter. This is my personal opinion though. In a way i dont find the music quality in my 90 HP that bad, yes its horrible when you raise the volume too much but that's not a good thing to do while driving. So, in my humble opinion, the music quality in 90 HP is pleasant at low volumes. May that is being deliberately done for the safety of both the owners and the bystanders:wink:
  8. limraj

limraj Superiore

Trivandrum
    Linea 1.3
    Same here too... :p
    1 person likes this.
  9. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    All the best for your booking!
    What? So these features were there only for the initial marketing campaign?
  10. sampy

sampy

Hyderabad
    @fiatlover..Thank you.

Now speaking about eco-sport, yes they did remove those both features from Titanium variant and claims those features will be present only with Titanium(optional) variant to make them optional..Imagine the condition of people who booked their vehicle before even looking or taking test drive. On top of it price too increased. Keeping that in mind and based on the waiting periods of 8-12months, no wonder if they hike the price couple more times before the delivery of the vehicle...
    2 people like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.