1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Ford Eco-Sport or Fiat Punto Sport

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by sampy, Sep 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sampy

sampy

Hyderabad
    Friends,

I recently sold my 5.5 years old Swift DDIS VDI on which I had done 1.25lacs KM. Now am planning to buy a new one. Initially the complete idea was to go for Swift again, but thought to go for dZire this time. One of my colleagues at office bought Punto 75HP which I drove couples of time and felt the difference between Swift & Punto. Though the initial pickup is good in Swift, but the overall quality, driving dynamics, Body Rigidity is amazing in Punto & one feels safer in it. Later came into picture the MINI-SUV Eco-Sport and I were completely sold for it. Decided to book one and around a week back found Ford did some blunder thing by removing couple of features from Titanium Variant and increased the price which completely put me off....And also the waiting period is one more reason.

At the moment I'm completely dragged towards the new Punto Sport, but still thinking over couple of things when compared with Eco-Sport. I listen to music a lot while driving. I spent some 75k on the setup in my Swift. As per the reviews Eco-Sport has one of the best sounds compared to any other vehicle in its band. How good is the sound in Punto? How feasible is it to upgrade the ICE. And what are the positives Punto owners experiencing after the separation of Fiat from TATA.

Please give me your valuable inputs and suggestions, so I can completely throw my self towards Punto....

Regards,
    Sampy....
    1 person likes this.
  2. mayurshah

mayurshah Amatore

Banagalore
    honestly Stock speakers in punto are very bad...dont know on 2013 models...

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4
  3. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    If "Music" is the only concern you have over GP, then go for any other car vendor say Eco-Sport or other. There is much more than music here my friend. Ofcourse i am not saying its not important, but if thats your top of the list item then stock FIAT cars might dissapoint you a big way.
  4. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Sampy,

You are comparing two different segments. But anyways - Ecopsort has rewritten the SUV/MUV segment which was for a while dominated by Duster. Its a good car but not eactly a Fun to Drive car. However I would suggest try the 90HP Punto, its a mean machine. Punto stock ICE is not mod friendly although its been modded by few TFIans, sugegst you to go through those threads to get an idea of the same. I would request not to buy a car solely on the music prowress it posseses.
  5. pdash

pdash Regolare

Bangalore
    Mahadevapura
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Comparing two different segment is really tough.
    You should sort your requirement first. And you should not judge a car based on music system.. As you have mentioned that you have spent 75K for music system. Assuming that a proper investment, I bet no mid range car give that sound quality.
  6. sampy

sampy

Hyderabad
    I know its a stupid thing to think about just music....but my acutal criteria is not just music, but there are others too. Dint had much of time to add more points. But anyways here are other points I'm wanting suggestions from you guys....
    1. How is the FIAT ASS after the seperation from TATA?
    2. How spacious & comfortable is the rear seat compared to swift or eco-sport (heard back seat is not all that spacious on ecosport)
    3. How expensive is the service cost & spares when compared to swift...keeping in mind both has the same engine.

Note: I'm basically looking for some valuable suggestions which would drive me towards Punto as I almost decided on Punto....Just looking for more positives points to satisfy myself before i make the final decision.....Hope you'll understand what I mean.....;)
  7. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    Replies are inline...

Top of all, i requet you to take time in reading some of the news section, servicing section and owership section threads. As most of your doubts will be resolved from those threads itself.
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2013
  8. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Personally, I find the Ecosport design lacking in character, balance and proportions. It's just way too confused of a car. I would get Duster if I wanted to get into the pseduo-SUV segment.

As per the service costs, the Punto calls for servicing once every 15K km's or 1 year whichever is earlier. Factor that into consideration as cars like Swift go for service every 6 months, as you know. Have a read of member threads to get a real review of service costs and you will be pleasantly surprised.

When you get 3+2 years / 1,50,000km warranty with the car, you know this is a good emotional + logical choice.

Just grab it.

Cheers.
    5 people like this.
  9. FastLove

FastLove Superiore

Mumbai
    Linea 1.4
    That's all that matters my friend.That's all that really matters :thumbup:

Dont look elsewhere for an answer to something you already aware of..;)

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2
    1 person likes this.
  10. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Rear seating space is very less in Ecosport. I think the rear seat is meant just for two adults and may be a kid too, not for three adults. The rear seats of Swift is wider and Punto has the widest.
    As for service cost, punto's service cost is minimal for the first two years, from the third year onwards, it may range from 6k-12k approximately. Service has not been an issue after TATA-FIAT split. In fact, FIAT is taking an effort to ensure that customers' issues are addressed to customers' satisfaction. You can go through some of the "issues threads" on this forum, to see how much FIAT is trying to set things right. But, don't expect to see FIAT showroom in the himalayas. :D
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.