1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Ford 'Classic' Titanium with 32.38kpl ACI-rated FE

Discussion in 'Non FIAT Cars and two wheelers' started by saipv, Jul 16, 2012.

1. saipv

saipv Amatore

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 17, 2012
  2. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    I bet this figures can be achieved by our punto and Linea also if driven on an open road in 65-80 kmph consistently.
  3. PuntoMJD

PuntoMJD Amatore

Pune
    Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Same engine in Figo so why not Figo claims same FE as Classic?
  4. fiat_fan

fiat_fan Amatore

Calicut
    I think its wrong information.. I saw some advts of Fiesta classic in our local news paper and it says the same milege 32.48km/l , they clainmit as ACI tested figure not ARAI.
  5. prakhar_lfc

prakhar_lfc Superiore

Bhubaneswar, Odisha, India
    Bhubaneswar, Odisha, India
    Linea T-Jet
    Yes, a test was conducted by Autocar, where they achieved these figures.

This seems to be a marketing gimmick, as Ford have just re launched the "Fiesta Classic" as "Classic", along with some new features.
  6. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Should be some magazine figures. If i remember right, there was an Indigo Manja which returned 40+kmpl in a mileage contest.

These figures are highly misleading.

Even the Owner's Manual of the Rajdoot 350 claimed 38kmpl, when driven at 60kmph. :lol
    1 person likes this.
  7. saipv

saipv Amatore

Yes, its AutoCar test mileage and not ARAI's . Ford mentioned the same in today's Full front page TOI ad ....

(Mods - Can modify the thread heading accordingly. I didn't find a way to edit it )
  8. varunrtr

varunrtr Esperto

KL-01/ TO
    Grande Punto 1.3
    But even in hindu/mathrubhumi's new report on the launch of this new classic, they specifically mentioned this mileage figure of 32 for diesel and a whopping 21 for their thirsty 1.6 PETROL model !! My friend is just getting 12 for that 1.6 , even with brisk spark plugs !
    They must be SUED for giving such false info to the general public !
    1 person likes this.
  9. dj.nish

dj.nish Superiore

Mumbai
    Maybe this is slightly OT, but I'm highly pissed at the misleading launch by Ford. This is similar to the previous misleading info on 'First in Class' by new i20. Consider this:
    1. Stereo system equipped with Bluetooth and iPod control
    2. Speed sensing volume controls
    3. Drive-away locks

Err, didn't we have this in crappy OEM Linea since birth? And drive away locks? I mean give it whatever name you fancy, but Fiat has this safety feature very much in place since forever!

4. Beige interior trim (hopefully will be used on the Fiesta in the future)
    5. New alloy wheel design
    6. Body-coloured ORVMs and black front grille

So what big difference do these things make?

Sadly, Indian junta starts creaming their pants when they hear/see words like First in Class, Segment leading, Facelift etc. So I'm sure people will go all out to buy this edition too.

If only Ford had stuck to proper advertising and highlighting the drive and dynamics of Fiesta. I have not driven one, but have heard it's next only to Fiat.
  10. varunrtr

varunrtr Esperto

KL-01/ TO
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @nish... I think you havent seen the two page long(so called) feature list of the new dejire when it was launched !! It was posted somewhere here i suppose, it even had new light design, bumper design as features lol !!!