1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

For the Aviation minded

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by johnny, Apr 12, 2011.

1. johnny

johnny Regolare

Greater Noida
    Greater Noida
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hi guys,

I just saw this video on U-Tube. Most of it has been shot from the cockpit of a Mirage-2000 - a place I had spend a fair amount of time in.

It is an enjoyable video, and the icing on the cake is the music - I think that it is French.

The link is : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVgSlaNXHeg&feature=email

Regards

Johnny
    4 people like this.
  2. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    Johnny: Thanks for share.
    Since you have been associated with the same, could you let us know if its possible for civilian to fly in fighter jets, like how some of the prestigious names of country get a chance to do so? Say on the name of interactions with civilians :)
  3. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hey Johnny, are you a pilot by profession? :up

That's great. Seeing a Mirage 2000 up close is a distant dream for many of us, let alone sitting inside and flying it. :p
  4. johnny

johnny Regolare

Greater Noida
    Greater Noida
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @viny,

In our country, civilians do not normally get a chance to fly these aircraft, unless you are the President (both Dr Kalam & the current incumbent got a trip each), or Rattan Tata, or maybe Tendulkar or Dhoni (I understand that he will get a ride shortly). NatGeo had done a series about the IAF, and I think that the winner got a trip on the Sukhoi-30. In the USA, I understand that you can fly some fighter aircraft by paying for it.

@paddleshifter,

Yes I was a fighter pilot by profession. I retired a year back, and now it is the Grande Punto for me.

Regards

Johnny
    5 people like this.
  5. Could you give us more details, what fighter crafts you flew?
    How did you get into this?
  6. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    Wow you are very lucky person. Mirage, Sukoi, F16 are all da dream vehicles. I wish i was in one of them ;)
    Please post pics of yours in any of these crafts if you got one.
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2013
  7. saharsh

saharsh Regolare

Noida
    Finally Finally and Finally a thread for aviation minded people! I am much more interested in civil aviation though.
  8. puntosat

puntosat Superiore

Bangalore
    @Johnny sir

Simply superb...

You are TFI's pride !!!

We are jealous of you...:)
  9. Sunith

Sunith Amatore

I dont know if this is the thread to post this info, But who are planning to attend the Aero India 2013 in feb this year.. :)
  10. johnny

johnny Regolare

Greater Noida
    Greater Noida
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @Sat-Chit-ananda

I was in the IAF for nearly 40 years & flew Vampire, Hunter, MiG21, Mirage 2000, MiG29, and a few trainer (two seater) aircraft. I was also a flying instructor, and my pupils are now quite senior.

It was a good life. I retired in 2010.

@Puntosat,

Thanks. I guess that I was lucky.

Regards
    Johnny
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2013
    7 people like this.