1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

For Sale Palio S10

Discussion in 'TFI Classifieds' started by AVS10, May 28, 2015.

1. AVS10

AVS10 Timido

Delhi NCR
    Delhi NCR
    Retro / Classic FIAT
    Thanks Anup for the info on battery.
    I usually maintain about 3K RPM on my Baleno only on the open highways. Its at this operating state I feel the Baleno gets into a very comfortable zone, crusing along while breathing easy. Need to understand the S10.

Now with the S10 its going to be very difficult keeping it @ 2K RPM. I can live with 14+. In the city, don't really care as my running would not cross 400 km a month.
    I shall try with the higher octane fuel.

The car is currently running Potenza G3 which seem to be close to their end. Any suggestions on the footwear.
    I use the Michellin XM energy 1 on the Balenos and it is super smooth and grips. Had the same on my previous car which was an Esteem.
    Regards,
    --- Double Post Merged, Jun 8, 2015 ---
    Just realised something with the cars I have owned based on their year of model-
    1. Esteem VXi - 2007 bought in Oct 2011 and sold it in May 2013, drove it for 23000 kms
    2. Baleno VXi - 2006 bought in September 2013. Still doing the duty, drove approximately 20 kms so far
    3. Palio S10 - 2013 bought in Jan 2015. Just pressed into service. Approximately 500 kms so far

I seem to shifting to older cars each time I move on.:)
    Regards,
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2015
    varunrtr likes this.
  2. kk27

kk27 Amatore

Kandivali - Mumbai
    Kandivali - Mumbai
    Fiat Enthusiast
    AVS10 - You'll need to adjust your driving style for this car. Fiat & Maruti have totally different responses. If you thoroughly wanna enjoy this car & not get a feel of sluggishness then the only place to drive it is beyond 2k rpm. Below that it'll feel like a slug. This 1.6 simply sleeps till about 2k rpm is hit, then it starts to wake up. For a nice crisp driving response 3k rpm is where this car will feel alive. And offcourse it requires quite a bit accelerator control to smoothly get it up there as quickly as possible :).

in short drive the car on the accelerator... means most of the time you should be in a gear shorter than you'd be on baleno and 1k rpm higher.
    AVS10 likes this.
  3. Anup

Anup Regolare

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Interesting List you have..

If your budget permits, Michellin XM series is a good set however I have Goodyear GT3 for both my cars, it's comfortable,decent grips and is strong, to be precis GT3 is the 2nd set of tires on my Punto. Stick to the stock tire size i.e. 175/65 R14.
    Coming back to the difference with Baleno/Palio, Baleno is lighter in both kerb weight and also Engine weight. Palio has Cast Iron block where as Baleno is all Aluminium. Weight is a big factor for efficiency but on the other side the Palio is sturdy /safe.
    Cruising at 2K RPM in a Palio is around 80, I know it is quite difficult to do that but is a choice you always can take if you need good mileage figures.
    Trust me driving a Baleno is quite fun, it's light and powerful (there is a good reason why the Baleno engine did not make it to SX4)
    but driving Palio over highway is not just Engine you will enjoy but its the Ride and Handling(if you drive on bends/curves) that you will admire....
    None of my friends who bought a Palio(new/used) talk about efficiency, we only have other issues to worry about like Petrol quality/ Source parts and few other small niggles.
    AVS10 likes this.
  4. AVS10

AVS10 Timido

Delhi NCR
    Delhi NCR
    Retro / Classic FIAT
    It's not that the mileage will be a determinant. It's just that most of my driving is on highways when my wife and I decide to head out on an extended weekend. Infact I had been intending to do a Delhi Banglore round trip this year. Unfortunately the work hasn't permitted me to take time away. May it's the S10 that is destined to do this.
    Another aspect I am really concerned about is the reliability. With the Baleno, I know it will never stall (such is my trust on the Japs) atleast not in a no man's land.
  5. Anup

Anup Regolare

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Okay, key things to highlight as you have a used car and not sure if the previous owner(s) have done things which are right to the car.
    The Weak points of a 1.6 Palio are:
    1>TD Sensor(Always keep 1 spare in your car), it needs to be checked and changed frequently if you find even a slightest deformation on the outside of the cable.
    2>Spark Plug (Suggest you change both Plug and the Wires as I have seen Lot of Palio owners not changed plugs for over 5 years and the plugs are totally corroded and it will be very tricky to remove them out, it even cuts in half while removing and then it becomes a major task of getting it out without damaging the threads)
    3>Fuel Pumps(owing to poor fuel quality)
    4>Lower Arm(if the ball joints are rusted).
    Along with all of these, change all the fluids to all the oe provided lubs like Tutela(Brake fluid/Power-steering fluid/Transmission fluid) Para-flu coolant and so on and then see the difference...
    AVS10 likes this.
  6. kk27

kk27 Amatore

Kandivali - Mumbai
    Kandivali - Mumbai
    Fiat Enthusiast
    What's a TD sensor?
  7. Anup

Anup Regolare

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    It's also known as Crankshaft Position sensor or Cam Sensor...
    It's the black pluged sensor which you see on the left side of your engine near by the Power-steering oil tank..
  8. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    If you are not selling your and planning to keep it then I would request to close this thread and start a new thread in classic FIATs section for your ownership review.

I think this is not the correct section to discuss all these things. Hope you dont mind. :)
  9. Anup

Anup Regolare

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @kedarbendre, it's okay as this was a just a conversation which started off as classified ended up talking about few issues about the car which he now changed his mind about selling it.
    I am sure we cannot keep conversation with a set objective or section in mind but I guess you are right, this threads needs to be closed.
  10. AVS10

AVS10 Timido

Delhi NCR
    Delhi NCR
    Retro / Classic FIAT
    Thanks Anup for the maintainence tips and all who have contributed.
    I am not selling the car for now. Mods please close the thread.