1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

For Sale Palio S10

Discussion in 'TFI Classifieds' started by AVS10, May 28, 2015.

1. AVS10

AVS10 Timido

Delhi NCR
    Delhi NCR
    Retro / Classic FIAT
    Hi,
    Its been a very difficult decision but I had to take it. I am letting go of my recently acquire Palio S10 #391. I bought in end of Jan this year but haven't been able to spend any time with it. Its barely done about 400 Kms after I bought. Infact the very reason I was hesitant to use it cause on pending transfer of ownership and the increased time @ work has added to the non usage. Its a Oct 2003 model and done about 41200 kms (need to recheck the exact mileage).
    Note: The buyer would be the 2nd owner and I insist on immediate transfer.
    The car is registered with Delhi RTO and is in Ghaziabad.
    Please reach out to me on 8860682045.

Thanks for reading.
    Regards

IMAG1382.jpg

IMAG1383.jpg
    varoon9999 likes this.
  2. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Who will bare the transfer charges and do you have NOC from Delhi RTO?

Can you please share some more photos from different angles.
  3. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Its a pity that you are letting go the beauty.

Ideally the buyer will be the 3rd owner isnt it? Since you had bought it in Jan making you the 2nd owner. Any specific reason why the ownership transfer was delayed, was the 1st owner unavailable? What about the Insurance on the car, is that yet to be transferred?
  4. varoon9999

varoon9999 Superiore

New Delhi,HP 48
    New Delhi,HP 48
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Dear AVS,

Pls post some more pics and do put some interior pics too.

NGT in Delhi has already made up to ban 15yrs old gasoline vehicle in Delhi soon.So 2 yrs more one can rev this car in Delhi NCR.
  5. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Superiore

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    I
    I think the ban is for only diesel vehicles that are older than 15 years. This is petrol. Please correct me if I am wrong.
  6. varoon9999

varoon9999 Superiore

New Delhi,HP 48
    New Delhi,HP 48
    Grande Punto 1.3
    No bro ,
    10 yrs for Diesel vehicles and for Gasoline it is 15 yrs.
    kedarbendre likes this.
  7. AVS10

AVS10 Timido

Delhi NCR
    Delhi NCR
    Retro / Classic FIAT
    Not a registered 2nd owner. The insurance is valid till Oct 15. Guess insurance will transfer only post transfer of ownership.

I shall do post some pics . Yeah, 15 year age is worrisome.
    --- Double Post Merged, Jun 6, 2015, Original Post Date: Jun 6, 2015 ---
    Some news here.
    I went down to the basement parking lot last saturday after I had an enthusiast from Bangalore showing keen interest and sent his friend over to have look.
    The car had some issues with fuel pump and I had notified the potential buyer earlier. That day the car refused to even start as the battery was completely dead.
    Called over a fellow Fiat enthusiast (he also owns a S10 which has done 132K kms and still in service) and garage owner and he helped me jump start it. He suggested taking it over to his garage for an overall check. The buyer's friend joined him on the drive while I followed them in my Baleno.
    It was when I was tailing him to the garage that I realized why I even take pains in acquiring one. It simply pulled away at every red light while I had to wake up the Baleno to do catching up each time.
    Once at the garage, the fellow enthusiast took me aside and gave me his opinion - "Don't sell it". The buyer left and I headed home leaving the car at the garage for more detailed diagnosis over the week.

->Fast forward to today
    With a new fuel pump in place and 2 recommendations - change the battery and gear oil, this car is in pristine condition. Although cosmetically the age shows, per the fellow enthusiast this is car has no other mechanical issues.
    I drove it in this evening and intend to do a longer drive tomorrow to get more feel of the car.

As I type this I am now intending to keep this car.
    The challenge to retain both the cars would be to keep the running and maintaining them.
    Maybe its time to let go of the Baleno. My heart says no. Its a work horse that gallops when called on to do so. Inspite of being a sedan it is so easy to live with whether traffic or a narrow lane or highways.

Thanks for reading
    --- Double Post Merged, Jun 6, 2015 ---
    Ideally it would be the buyer's responsibility to bear the transfer charges including NOC.

Regards,
  8. AVS10

AVS10 Timido

Delhi NCR
    Delhi NCR
    Retro / Classic FIAT
    IMAG1390.jpg Update- spent some time with the S10 today in Delhi's peak traffic. Absolutely no issues to report. It seemed happy each time I have accelerated.
    Guess I shall be keeping it then. Just need to convince myself on the fuel consumption though. It's very addictive when accelerating and this habit coupled with its thirst is something I need to balance out. With the Baleno it was in a manageable state. The long drives with the Baleno did not worry me as it would still returns a decent 14+. With the S10 the single digit is scary.

BTW, any suggestions on the right battery? I need to get one and any recommendations and advice would help.

Regards,
    Anup and kedarbendre like this.
  9. Anup

Anup Regolare

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    You can go for Amaron Pro DIN 60 battery for your car, should cost you about 5.5k with exchange of old battery.
    Come on man, single digit is not possible for long drives, I have had a S10 to drive for a couple of days in past and in City(without AC) I was getting about 10.5 not showing you a over optimistic number.
    On long drives(B'lore-Mysore SH) a GTX gave a figure of over 16. Trust me that SH is full of Speak brakers and nonsense crowd crossing the road as cattle do.
    S10 has a shorter gear ratio so expect 15 atleast. Try using Speed from BP( A Company operated pump) or use a normal Petrol from IOCL(Again Company operated pump) and see the difference.
    Also try keeping the rev counter below 2K and be consistent.. I own a Palio and these things works well.
    sudipz, AVS10 and kedarbendre like this.
  10. kk27

kk27 Amatore

Kandivali - Mumbai
    Kandivali - Mumbai
    Fiat Enthusiast
    Believe me... I was torn sometime back when I had to decide whether to keep my car or let it go. It wasn't easy. I figured that it made absolutely no sense in spending 70k on car which will not even fetch 40k on resale... then I realized buying it in first place itself was not common sense, and selling it off would not make me any happier. So I simply spent my money & that roaring new engine simply plastered a grin on my face. When you're in Love common sense & logic don't drive your actions & that's exactly what I'm in... love with my car.
    sdp1975, varunrtr, sudipz and 2 others like this.