1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

For better future TFI meet experience

Discussion in 'Team Fiat Meets' started by Rachit Bhatnagar, Jan 30, 2013.

1. swgaan

swgaan Amatore

Panvel, Maharashtra
    Grande Punto 1.3
    There is no way to avoid the last moment cancellation, as we can not predict what will happen when. but yes we can minimize the no. of cancellations by this method.
    Also hear i would like to add some points like:

We can start collecting the some nominal charges as an entry fee for the meet, from this collection we can organize some nice stuffs like TFI Merchandising, Food item which can be served at meets, some car care products e.g consumables like microfiber towels for car cleaning, small car decor, enhancement etc.

mods, also note that i've just suggested about the Entry Fee concept, hear i have no intention to force any of our member to shell out from their pocket, what i feel is when we have to pay something to get something then and only then we will come to know the value of it. please spear me if i sounded harsh, but this is what i think. its totally my personal opinion.
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2013
  2. Rachit Bhatnagar

Rachit Bhatnagar Amatore

Hi everyone,
    Good to see all responses. I myself never against meeting 3-4 TFIans for a coffee like in Dec'12 before FIAT factory visit our DDN team meet. there were only 3 cars but I'd say it was successful as we had great time & we expected those members only. My intentions here only for a more organised & systematic way of conducting them. We are not here to make any statement on anyone by showing our strength but when we have meet in large number, people will definitely notice our presence and more importantly presence of FIAT. Small meets can be plan in a short notice of a week or even days but like GOA & Mumbai republic day meet was in planning for long time but at last moment lot of drop outs. Kindly no one take it as I am blaming as there can be unavoidable circumstances but what I mean to say is a better user experience.
    2 people like this.
  3. pioneeraaron

pioneeraaron Superiore

Exactly and sumthing needs to be done about this :) Members are so connected off forum these days that there's no excitement in organising and meeting new members already.Meets are planned off forum nowadays and no updates are given for the same.Problems are discussed off forum.Amogh as you said it should come from within to meetup our fellow TFi'ns.

Lets all make it a point that atleast local meets do happen once in a month to make sure to express our love for FIAT and loyalty towards the forum :)
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2013
  4. amogh and aaron...
    what im going to say now is only in a defensive tone of speech and im not implying any feelings personally.

1. i am too a part of the off-forum activity but am more active on the forum too...
    2. Yes that activity is used to initiate meets because it is a much faster way to garner responses and confirmations but it is only to ask if such meet is probable, the first thing after commonly agreeing is to put it up on TFI because TFI is the platform we wish to grow... and we want maximum participation. All meets whether small or large or anything is merely discussed and then only confirmed on the responses when a thread has been started. This I state from personal experience. The Republic Day drive was one such example where I asked the feasibility of the concept and once people liked the idea I started a thread.
    the reason that programme did not happen was because only the off forum "planners" were ready... if the plan was to be carried out just by us, it would've been unfair to other members and it did turn out to be unfair to us when people did not give due response to a decently pleasing idea.

3. any query about the fundamentals on which tfi functions is retorted with a very blunt response "there is a thread | here is the link"
    if no thread exists, a new one should be formed is the general consensus.

4. yes we did discuss something off forum, the welcome lights, and we conveniently bulk bought them but the installation process was not kept a secret. A dedicated DIY thread was initiated just for all enthusiasts. the source was not hidden too.

5. small meets are planned over that medium, i shall not deny that, but it is only spontaneous when people are in common areas and such situations.

6. we have all kept in mind the larger aspect i.e growth of TFI as a community and never hope to be a parallel or competitor.

with this I pledge absolute loyalty to TFI on web and not any other medium... but also in my defense say, other media to connect for TFI is on a local level very useful.

Any confirmations to what i have said can be proved by providing archives of messages exchanged.

No hard feelings... i'm sorry if my attitude did not seem right..please correct me wherever you feel i have faltered.

Thank you
    4 people like this.
  5. pioneeraaron

pioneeraaron Superiore

Agreed to what you say buddy.But don't you think there are groups existing within our group?? Which I feel shouldn't happend at all.I was a part of the group but i felt i should be contributing here rather than chit chatting there.Yeah it's a good way to get instant response if any meet is planned and to get the member's status.Welcome lights or similar mods can be discussed here too.It would give you more feedback here than you would get there along with more proffessional replies and suggestions.

Just my thoughts no hard feelings :)
    2 people like this.
  6. theblack

theblack Esperto

I feel that the current setup is working quite well.. Like the mods put it We dont aim to create news by coming in numbers..
    We meet up because we want to meet and that's it..
    2 cars or 200 cars the idea is still the same , to catch up and spend time with each others.. Lets just do that and not worry about how many turn up or not..

Besides , what if person XXX says he can come on 26th or 15th (as quoted) and later something else comes up that requires more attention and hence he drops out...
    These variables are just too many to simply say that the "Meeting was a failure" ..

lets just carry on with the current setup and hope that next time more folks can make it..
    Its just too dynamic to simply start a blame game.. my 2c
    1 person likes this.
  7. Its no blame game bhai...its just looking for ways and means to make meets more probable and more fun...

And aaron i agree with what you say and we did eventually do both but chose a more convenient order :)
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2013
  8. shivraj5624

shivraj5624 Amatore

Belgaum, Karnataka
    Linea 1.3
    Guys . I read that we need to meet members in our own city on weekends. Its possible only if we know any tfi member in our city. Like , i am from a small city Belgaum (gonna be the second capital of k'taka, hopefully ) but i don't know who is in tfi , although i see a lot of puntos lineas in my city. So i request mods to do something on this . May be start a poll or a separate thread or a list , as many of them have mentioned their place already during sign up. As of now ,i feel only i am aware tfi from this city of mine. I would atleast hope to know members from hubli , udupi , davangere.etc. Like wise same in other states too.. I helps members from small cities to catch up. That was the reason i attended goa meet this time but very few turned up. But yes the meet was good ,meeting kedar jaykrishna rituraj anand sir. Mods help me on this . I hope its taken into consideration.
  9. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    We can have spocs from each city to organize TFI meets. Spoc will be responsible for arrangements of the meet with the help of fellow TFI members.

He will be point of contact when there is time to organize a meet.

Ex. If we have any event in city then members can inform that spoc to organize the meet and will co-ordinate with him.
  10. Zsa-Zsa

Zsa-Zsa Timido

Pune, MH
    I recommend Moderators to set a calendar with events spread across the year and publish in the forum. People have the calendar available to decide on which of the meets one can be part of. And any discussions part of those meets can be updated by the moderators into the forum. Popping up an idea, seeking opinions, last minute decisions..... you know this is like " Too many cooks spoil the dish".

Having said that let the events be evenly distributed location wise. Even if 5 - 10 people get together we will have the forum continuing with meets at regular frequencies and with regular updates.

This can be followed at various levels as well for instance southern team, mumbai team, pune team, hyderabad team and so on... we also can see based on all calendars what can be the events that can go together like the factory visit.. or Oooty meet etc...
    1 person likes this.