1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

For better future TFI meet experience

Discussion in 'Team Fiat Meets' started by Rachit Bhatnagar, Jan 30, 2013.

1. Rachit Bhatnagar

Rachit Bhatnagar Amatore

Hi TFIans,
    Seeing recent two TFI meets (Mumbai Republic day) which was eventually cancelled & then GOA meet, where even local TFI didn't turned up was a kind of setback :sad1 even for those participated & other passive members who were waiting some nice photos of the meet on forum. Then sometime back Puneet Mehra from Delhi suggested to have a morning butter-prantha breakfast in Muruthal (Breakfast Run to Murthal Sonipat) on the sidelines of mini meet, which didn't get a single response. I appreciate member's enthusiasm to meet fellow TFIans & more personal interaction. I may be wrong but what I feel is so frequent meets will become chaotic with lack of purpose & few head counts.

One thing is for sure these meets are very much required for the growth of TFI forum & ultimately some contribution to FIAT brand. We can have bi-annual official TFI meet of each region so if someone miss 1st opportunity can attend the 2[SUP]nd[/SUP] meet same year. It has to be a fixed date of the year like on every 26[SUP]th[/SUP] Jan & 15[SUP]th[/SUP] Aug (Like US elections) or may be a last weekend of any month. Serve a dual purpose. Being a govt holiday, all can spare time & when everyone knows, he can plan in advance accordingly. Moderators have liberty to select the venue at popular choice by conducting a poll. So this way meets will be much more organised & all can enjoy with no disappointments at last moment.

Then once in every two year a national TFI meet, similar like FIAT factory visit, though I don’t think it’s possible for FIAT to organize it every 2 year. Also this gives Pune TFIans unfair advantage. :sadblue No hard feelings please.:mischievous

These are just my thoughts & members are requested to give their views, positive or negative. My purpose of creating this thread is not to find faults but just to improve participants excitement & purpose of TFI future meets. If mods find this thread unwanted, kindly move or remove it.
    15 people like this.
  2. adwaitorama

adwaitorama Timido

Absolutely TRUE.. We need to work out on things which are quite much possible and on fixed dates. This may help fellow tfians to make available if possible from their end.
    Sent from my Lumia 710 using Board Express
  3. I wish something good comes out of this thread...thank you rachit..
  4. amogh

amogh Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3
    The initiative for a meet should come from the members themselves and not from the Forum. It is not necessary that we have a large meet every time.
    I have noticed that the "success" of a meet these days is defined by "how many cars were present" for the meet. That is wrong. Even 5 cars can have a successful meet. We can of course gather numbers by sending PM's, e-mails and making phone calls. But TFI does not stand for that. Unlike others, we do not organise meets to show our "strength", give a message and convey our agenda to the members. The agenda of our meet is only one : Having fun!

I, too, was disappointed about the Mumbai meet. I guess members are so connected these days "off" the forum that they don't see the need to organise meets.

My suggestion is : don't try and plan for something "big" each time. Ain't gonna happen.
    16 people like this.
  5. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3
    Rachit good thread, few points from my side -

• TFI have had most successful meets, if you compare any other online auto community. And we will continue to have.
    • As Amogh mentioned, size doesn't matter much, yes it looks good, but even in small gathering we can have fun.
    • Once members are more active on forum, the desire for meet will be more.
    • Use meets an opportunity to make lots of close friends.
    • We must understand, not all will be free for all meets or sometime some real issue comes, so accept that there will be some drop outs. No hard feelings.
    • Try to use forum as tool to connect, discuss, argue :)D) and fun. Other off forum methods, like PMs, Phones, SMSs should be used for private matters only.
    • We will continue to have some mega meets, but smaller meets will make us more closer.
    • If you are visiting other cities, try to connect to few members of that city and try to meet, even for morning tea. It will be memorable.
    5 people like this.
  6. Amogh, I agree with you but Meets also make a statement without intention. like the press articles following the factory meet. The Mumbai Republic Meet Would've made a lot of difference not just in gathering networks and connections but also in terms of Presence of a community that acts as a team in all aspects. I will regardless of the response about January 26th, post a meet request prior to August 15 with the same intention. Smallers meets tend to happen too but larger meets wouldn't be neglected if promoted properly. Eventually, yes, The forum is for exactly what Ravi has said and I personally will make sure I don't miss out on acting so.

Ravi, noted well, all your points. But meets do excite members a lot! Gives a feeling of belonging and unity.
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  7. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    :clap Rachit :nicethread

I hope something good will come out of this thread as Harsh already mentioned this.

Ravi you are correct as TFI have had lots of GRAND and successful meet and I am sure that we will have such meets in future.

Mods can I request you to provide a specific form for the attendees and organizer member/moderator for new meet unlike we had for Factory meet 2012. It will be very useful and handy information.

Ex. If any TFI member is organizing a TFI meet then he can just fill the first form to organize the meet and member who will be attending that meet will be submitting entry form along with their details.

Please think about this option if it is possible.
    1 person likes this.
  8. Yeah! thats a nice suggestion! Organizers can also then be able to seek help from mods if required!
  9. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Exactly Harsh.

Everything will be planned to organize a meet and yes organizers can seek help from mods to check all these form and approval of the forms. :up
    1 person likes this.
  10. halfclutch

halfclutch Amatore

But how can one avoid last moment cancellations?