1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Foot/Air Pump - any suggestions?

Discussion in 'Fiat OEM Spares & Accessories' started by aditya, Jun 9, 2010.

1. aditya

aditya Timido

Pune
    I am contemplating to buy a foot pump or an air pump just for emergencies.

Any suggestions/tips on what to look for when buying a pump?

What is your experience with manual foot pumps and electrical air pumps that run on car battery?
  2. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum
    I used to have a foot pump with me while I had my Santro. Used it may be less than 5 times over 6-7 years, and only once it was used out of emergency. I had tube type tyres then, with tubeless tyres, I feel the use may be even less.
    It will be a good investment if you stop going outside for air check and do it fully with the device. In that case the one operated from car battery may be a better choice as you wouldn't want to pull out the manual one and start humping on it :wink:
    I haven't used the electrical one, so get opinion from some one who has used it for its reliability etc.
  3. amogh

amogh Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I have one in my Innova. I have never used it till date (but I guess our driver has)

I will check the brand name, price, my drivers review and let you know the details. Give me a day's time.
  4. ihrishi

ihrishi

Mumbai
    Buy the 12V ones which run off the cigarette lighter. its very useful, and easy. We have used it many times during our rides/drives.
    Pair it with a tubeless puncture repair kit, and its priceless :dance
  5. Andy

Andy Esperto

Chembur Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3
    check out from Ebay.. U get good deals on these pumps there...
  6. Pran

Pran Superiore

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @Amogh : a bit old thread, but still thought its a good idea to check how good the one you use is?

Any idea how good this is: Coido 6526 12V Electric Car Tyre Inflator & Air Compressor Pump 300 Psi | eBay
    1 person likes this.
  7. Akshay4384

Akshay4384 Superiore

I have been using a Coido Battery Powered Pump for over two years now
    Got it for 700 bucks,it has been going on fine.
    Infact i use it pretty often,and it was able to fill completely deflated tyre of our Scorpio in about 5 mins
  8. Pran

Pran Superiore

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    If you bought it online link please, on ebay Coido costs 1000k and above and its not battery operated, using cigarette lighter power supply
  9. rajeev_pillai

rajeev_pillai Regolare

Mumbai
    Kochi, Kerala
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Hi,
    I am using a coido branded one for 6 months.
    It fills up very fast and is very useful, bought it from futurebazaar using PAYBACK coupons.
    COIDO CORPORATION

Rajeev
  10. PKMohan

PKMohan Amatore

Bangalore
    I have been using the one similar to the one given at the link below for past 18months:
    Original Coido 12V Electric Car Tyre Tire Inflator Air Compressor Pump | eBay

So far I haven't used for inflating fully flat tires, but I keep topping up once in 2-3 weeks. In the last 18 months, I used fuel stations only once or twice, that too to calibrate the readings of the pressure gauge.

This is pretty useful and gives peace of mind when you are exploring unknown territories.

I am very happy with this product. Though it can run on car battery, works much faster by keeping the engine on while inflating.