1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Foldable key : Keycode and VIN not matching - help needed

Discussion in 'Fiat OEM Spares & Accessories' started by limraj, Sep 6, 2013.

1. limraj

limraj Superiore

Trivandrum
    Linea 1.3
    Dear All,

I ordered a spare foldable keyfob for my Linea through M/s Hyson Motors, Cochin. I gave them the photo of the key code card and VIN number, in July (about 2 months back). Last week (Aug/end) they inform me that FIAT informed that the chasis (ie VIN) and key code do not match.
    Could this happen? Will FIAT make such a mistake or it is a mistake at seller's (M/s Hyson Motors, Thrissur) end?
    The cover of the key code card has the VIN of my car printed on it.
    To find the correct key code, they have to open the key column of the steering and also the driver's door to find the code, it seems.
    I am worried about them opening the steering thing.

Please help.
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2013
  2. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    The mistake could be from anyone, Fiat or Hyson. They must have swapped the key code with another car.
  3. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    Firstly, I am not convinced how an error of such sort can happen. The VIN and the remote would be tagged right at the assembly line itself. The dealer cant fool around as the remote will simply not work on another car. Clarify the same by writing to Mangesh.
  4. limraj

limraj Superiore

Trivandrum
    Linea 1.3
    Ok. I am making the case to reach Mangesh/FIAT.
    Thank you.

What surprises me is that the key code's cover has the VIN printed on it. However, the case will reach FIAT.
  5. limraj

limraj Superiore

Trivandrum
    Linea 1.3
    Today sent the mail to fiat service with a copy to Mangesh.
    His response was fast even though he did not mention whose mistake it was. Only thing mentioned is it would be resolved through the dealer.
  6. limraj

limraj Superiore

Trivandrum
    Linea 1.3
    Update as of today.

I received calls from Fiat helpline and also from dealer's CRM.
    they both want to sell the idea "bring your car to service centre to get the code and we can get you spare key". I did not buy that.
    There is no idea/information of what went wrong in the mismatch between VIN and keycode. FIAT has not communicated anything.
    I do not think it is an one-off case, as SC guys keep saying that this is how [get the code from key column/door] they fix a code and VIN mismatch.
  7. Desigan

Desigan

Chennai
    I too got the Fob key fm 99RPM recently, they too asked for all the info like Key Code Card then the RC book and then the Chassis no. ..Providing all these info, I got my key in 4 working days from 99RPM. I believe the key code and other info is required to ship the FOB key to us. But when we have the new key with us, the service center person will do the paring for which you need to spend 700Rs more. u need to any way take you car to SC for paring. first check if you are able to open the car door with the new key, if yes then its just matter of paring the new key with the car.
  8. limraj

limraj Superiore

Trivandrum
    Linea 1.3
    I did not know that 99rpm could help here. Now it is more than 3 months and still waiting for the key.
    Mangesh has agreed to look in to this matter as well , but, still patient wait going on.
    Btw, how much did 99rpm charge?
  9. limraj

limraj Superiore

Trivandrum
    Linea 1.3
    Nov 13 : Update

I have got the keys, finally.
    I had a long follow up with FIAT India, at last Mangesh started helping. After I escalated the claimed FIAT guy trying to force.
    The extra remote key costed me 4000. [Mentioned by FIAT official]
    However, Hyson Kochi, tried to steal the rest of the advance (2000) as 'fitting charge'. But, when I wanted them to reply the details of fitting charge to my mails with Fiat service in Cc, they backed off and charged Rs. 400/- + 10% tax. I let that go, as I was tired of follow up and fights.
    They mentioned it was the charge for pairing the keys. They took all our keys and redone the pairing. Now both remote keys work and the spare non-remote key, as expected from them.
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2013
  10. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    @Limraj

Glad to know you got the key. Can you mention what was the reason for ordering a spare foldable key? In that process you discovered the untrust worthiness of Hyson Motors atleast. Good thing that Mangesh moved things to get you the key.

Suggest to take some time and highlight on the Fiat India FB page too so that people are more cautious in dealing with Hyson. I hope Fiat india Mgmt spanks Hyson for trying to swindle.