1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fog Lamps Installation on ACTIVE

Discussion in 'Fiat OEM Spares & Accessories' started by SHASHANKREDDY, Oct 19, 2011.

1. shashanknathani

shashanknathani Superiore

Pune
    Yes. The front bumper needs to be opened
  2. Imteeyaz

Imteeyaz Amatore

Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3
    ok, I have purchased the fog lamps and fog light grills from Fiat workshop but none of the mechanics at Milan subway (Santacruz, Mumbai) are ready to install it. They say its very difficult to remove the front bumper or any part of Fiat cars.
  3. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Hyderabad
    The bumper is not that difficult to remove. I guess you weren't able to find a person who is confident enough to do the whole installation. It's going to be slightly complicated since there is no wiring available on your car for the fog lamps, they need to install complete wiring, tap power from the battery and pull it into the cabin to install a switch for the fog lamps inside.

Also note that the connector type on the Stock Fog lamp holder is different and i do not believe you will be able to find a Male socket for it easily. Accessory shop guys are generally more proficient at doing this kind of wiring and might be able to do some kind of Jugaad for the connector i think. But you will have to find a guy who knows what needs to be done and is not lazy and also has enough time to do all this.

The Accessory shop guys generally do not prefer opening up the bumper, they prefer sticking their hands into tight corners/holes etc. to get their job done instead of opening up the whole thing.

PS: The fog lamp can be installed without opening up the Bumper (technically speaking) for a person who has fiddled with the fog lamps on a Punto previously and knows what is where. Just some patience and bending exercise is required.
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2014
    punto_emotion likes this.
  4. Imteeyaz

Imteeyaz Amatore

Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Thanks Vj, really appreciate your explanation. I am also of the opinion that it can be installed without opening the whole bumper. I am trying to convince the Fiat workshop guy to do it for me but he is behaving a bit arrogant. He mentioned that he can do it in 15 mins, I really want to verify that. If he agrees he can easily source the required things for installation and I don't mind paying for it, as those will be genuine parts.
  5. aashish_19

aashish_19 Amatore

Noida
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Initial installation might need the front bumper(wiring and harness etc.) and if wiring are in place then i don't think as same can be done by jacking it up only.
  6. shekar

shekar Timido

Hyderabad
    Shashank..did you get these installed. If yes, can you provide me the details of the dealer, cost
  7. SHASHANKREDDY

SHASHANKREDDY Superiore

HYDERABAD
    Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3
    No Shekar i did not installed Foglamps yet. Now my car ODO@89k kms. Many times i asked dealer but they were not sure and not ready to install when i was interested. I have some plans to complete Denting / painting in next month.. i would install then.
  8. shekar

shekar Timido

Hyderabad
    @Shashank Wow 89K is a lot. I am not sure if you would need those fog lamps anymore. But i will keep you posted if i get it done
  9. SHASHANKREDDY

SHASHANKREDDY Superiore

HYDERABAD
    Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I would need them. I will keep the car for longer time. Recently Timing chain + 90k Service is completed. Next upgrade - Tyres + Suspension replacement.
  10. kunwar.g

kunwar.g Superiore

Gurgaon
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Is it possible to just get the holders from Fiat A.S.S and then get after market fog lamps installed in them, or is it not possible at all. After market options might be cheaper than getting the whole set-up