1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fog Lamps Installation on ACTIVE

Discussion in 'Fiat OEM Spares & Accessories' started by SHASHANKREDDY, Oct 19, 2011.

1. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum
    I have seen one Punto with two big fogs in front here in Trivandrum. In my opinion, it spoils the smooth appearance of the front.
  2. anoop

anoop Superiore

Will have to do a detailed study because this mode involves serious vitamin M. Will have to upgrade the battery if I am putting heavy load.
    I think warranty will be void, so may wait for 2 years to do this mod.

I agree about the looks, but I kind of like the looks with big fogs in front. Once you are addicted to drive with extremely powerful fogs, it is tough to drive without them :twisted:

My old Ambassador had 4 HELLA original fogs on front- should have retained them :A
  3. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    I have an active and i also have been toying with the idea of installing fog lamps in my car..I have inspected a few actives with OEM fog lamps installed in KHT motors bangalore. I think in bangalore they are the only SC who installs fog lamps. What i found was the fog lamp wiring is direct and it has to be switched on/off separately. Also the switch is not OEM and they fix a makeshift kind of switch in the small space on the right of steering. I didnt go for it mainly because i couldn't digest the way switch was looking..
  4. SHASHANKREDDY

SHASHANKREDDY Superiore

HYDERABAD
    Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @shams.. Sumit Bahl (www.sumitbahl.com) has installed in his punto active with the way you have said ( Directly switch to Battery). It does'nt turnoff when the ignition is off.

@ Anoop
    Is the Battery comes with Active takes less load than in Emotion ones ?.
  5. anoop

anoop Superiore

@Shashank - I was talking about battery upgrade because I was talking about putting two huge fog lights from lightforce\ hella. They will drain thee battery more faster, so was talking about upgrading to a more powerful one.

I do not think there is any difference in battery between Active and Emotion variants.
  6. Raj21

Raj21 Novizio

Secunderabad
    The ones i have a separate switch. I had no idea and came to know about it only after installation. But it does turn off with the car switched off.
  7. SHASHANKREDDY

SHASHANKREDDY Superiore

HYDERABAD
    Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Thats great raj , in which city u got it done ?
  8. Shashank, I have an active mjd variant had have fitted OE fog lamps, cost was 2800 including the black holders and installation was free. It can be directly connected to your headlight switch/parking switch meaning it will always lit when the headlight is turned on. I wanted it to be separated so I got a independent switch installed. Note that i got it installed from TASS itself and it DOES NOT VOID warranty.
  9. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Rs. 2800 did u buy it from the aftermarket or from TASS. Here is Pune Pandit Auto is not allowing to Put fog lamps for my friends Punto Active.

He quoted me Rs. 7000 :eek:
  10. SHASHANKREDDY

SHASHANKREDDY Superiore

HYDERABAD
    Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Kedar bhai..Pandit motors might be overcharging, last time i enquired about CL kit. He quoted around 12000Rs.
    Dealers are reluctant to Install Foglamps, Might be the reason if Fog lamps fit easily on Active, people will buy only Active if they are particular about outer look.

In Hyderabad the Foglamps are available @Rs 3400
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2011