Fog Lamps Installation on ACTIVE

Discussion in 'Fiat OEM Spares & Accessories' started by SHASHANKREDDY, Oct 19, 2011.

1. SHASHANKREDDY

SHASHANKREDDY Superiore

Car:
    Grande Punto 1.3MJD Active
    Please suggest how to proceed with fog lamp installation on Punto Active model.
    I asked in Tejaswi motors, the service guy told it not possible to install.
    Can u suggest any guy in Hyderabad who can fit foglamps to Punto Active.
  2. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

Car:
    Grande Punto Sport
    Even I asked in Pandit Auto and service advisor said it is not possible. He also informed me that if we fix those fog lamps it will void the warrenty.
  3. N Kiran

N Kiran Staff Member Janitor

Car:
    Linea 1.3 MJD Dynamic
    Dilip_dmk from Delhi has got Fog Lamps installed in his Active I belive. Shashank please speak to the CRM Mr. Ravi of Tejaswi Motors and refer my name or Prabhakar's name and tell him that you are from TFI. I hope your issue will be taken care of.
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2011
  4. DEEPAK BAPAT

DEEPAK BAPAT Timido

Car:
    Why you require it.Its light goes up to 6-7 feat only. Which is useless to spent Rs.3000/- on it.Instead i suggest to fit Osram Night Braker Plus it comes for Rs.950/- a pair it is 55/60 WATS so no warranty hassle & gives more light up to 60% than normal.You may observe the fogs of Punto & other vehicles you can see what i have said.I have fitted them on my Punto Active MJD I am happy with light quality.
    Deepak
  5. soccerfan

soccerfan

Car:
    Grande Punto 1.3MJD Emotion
    Thats exactly the purpose of a fog lamp. To light up the areas that are normally not lit up by head lamps and to see the road better during fog
  6. varunrtr

varunrtr Esperto

Car:
    it is very much possible..When i inquired , stock fiat ones would come to 4000 including fog lamps, plastic cladding around it, wiring, separate switch and labour. but its a bit costly and a guy at the tass said he can fix it even if i get any other good ones from outside, just some labour charge below 1k applies. well, right now , hunting for good ones outside and plan to do it along with first service next month. i happened to drive with fog lamps and it indeed lightens up the markings and reflective stickers on the road, It really helps, especially here in kerala where no dividers are there, only markings on the road.
  7. SHASHANKREDDY

SHASHANKREDDY Superiore

Car:
    Deepak, I am more interested about look than the light. I feel with foglamps the Look of punto will be accomplished.

@varunrtr ... Please let me know when your hunt for foglamps ends and suggest me the same.
  8. Raj21

Raj21

Car:
    Linea 1.3 MJD Active
    I don't remember the cost but I got the OEM ones installed on my Linea Active at Concorde. Have to thanks my SM for it !
  9. anoop

anoop Superiore

Car:
    @Deepak: It is very useful in fogs and even in heavy rains. Have them in my Vista and have found them very useful - I do miss them on my Punto even though I am on Osram NB+.

My friend got fog lamps for the i10 from JC road for a fraction of cost - may be we can find the Punto fog lamps also there.

OT: I do not have plans to put the fogs in my Punto, but have a wicked idea of getting two big Lightforce or Hella fogs for my car :devil
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2011
  10. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

Car:
    Grande Punto Sport
    :wow

But the question is what about the car's warrenty. Does the FIAT Battery able to take that much load, or you are going to change the battery also.