1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fog lamps for Punto Active

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by gaur4v, Sep 14, 2010.

1. hi , just went ahead and posted a query with FIAT INDIA and this is the reply i got from them

Dear Sir,

This is in reference to your query mail below.

At present there is no provision for fitment of Fog lamp in Punto 1.2 active models and hence any local fitment of fog lamp also is not advisable as it may hamper with the electrical system.

Thanking You

THIS IS QUITE A DISAPPOINTMENT ..... I think FIAT INDIA should look into this matters seriously ....
  2. varoon9999

varoon9999 Superiore

New Delhi,HP 48
    New Delhi,HP 48
    Grande Punto 1.3
    fog lamp gonna cost you around 3400 hundred without fitting.as i got one fog lamp installed on my emotion 1.3,irony was i had hit my car and got my headlamp and right fog lamp damaged.got it fixed from dhingra gurgaon.head lamp costed rs.3000 and fog lamp rs.1700/-.......
  3. pranay sharma

pranay sharma

hi friends

I have punto MJD active exotic red, want to fit fog lamps because in rainy season facing problem of low visibility.

want to ask information about best fog lamps for punto MJD active.

4. gautamkhadse

gautamkhadse Regolare

i Though about these 2 years ago when I bought my active and its so god damn difficult to source these . The guys at the TASS will always say no when you ask them for spares (read fog lamps ) And god knows what astronomical amount will they charge for fitting these . Not to ignore their rant about the warranty getting void . This year when my baby turns 2 am gonna fit in a couple of HELLA Rallaye . or probably get HIDs . Thats the only option I see .
  5. Hi all,

I am new to this forum and want to know about how can I get fog lamps installed in my May 2011 GP Active 1.3 MJD. It is BNW in colour. I just want to know whether I can get them installed at all or not ??? From Service centre or aftermarket ???? what would be the cost ???
  6. mayank

mayank Amatore

hey guys..i successfully got fog lamps installed successfully in my gp 1.3 active through Hind motors mohali..for rs4500/- last week!! I tried my best to enquire about aftermarket punto fog lamps but couldnt find a single place where they were available so had to turn to the Tata fiat showroom!! The guys here at banarasi dass. panchkula(where i got my italian beauty) doesnt keep spare parts of fiat and are just involved in selling and servicing of tata-fiat cars(but still i got to say that they do provide better service in terms of giving customers the deserved priority in terms of both sale as well as after sales..probably the major reason why i chose them among others)..so they suggested me to go and enquire to joshi(who are always ready to scare people by voiding the warranty threat):-| and when i asked the guy in their spare parts store he told me that "we don't counter sale the spare parts":mad: and asked me to come at the time of my first servicing and get them installed through job card :mad:..then my final hope was hind motors chandigarh!!..went their spare parts store in the basement..they also told me the same thing that gp fog lamps are not available :( and suggested me to enquire hind motors mohali(which has already taken vw agency but still servicing tata-fiat cars for a certain period of time)..but there i requested them to enquire them at their own..and when they enquired, it was a good news for me..:p hind motors mohali had gp fog lamps available with them and then this monday i got them installed on my gp..:p will be posting some pics pretty soon..:)
    here's the complete account of the transaction -

fog lamps= LHS+RHS = 1750+1750= rs3500

silver bazzels(cups) = 100+100= rs200

labour= rs500

extra wiring= rs300

TOTAL= rs4500/-
  7. Tarun

Tarun Amatore

Bhiwani, Delhi
    did they installed any switch or dashboard switch is used ?
  8. Even mine is a punto active and i got it installed from the showroom before taking delivery of the car, cost was 2800 rs, but it comes with a after market switch
  9. mayank

mayank Amatore

@tarun- unfortunately they didnt have any spare switch with themselves..so i had to fetch one from the motor market..and it costed me rs 100/-..but u can get it for 50rs as well!! just ask any shopkeeper for "anupama" switch!!...and u r done :)
  10. mayank

mayank Amatore

here are some pics :) IMG_0518.jpg IMG_0522.jpg IMG_0524.jpg