1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fog lamps for Punto Active

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by gaur4v, Sep 14, 2010.

1. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    The Punto I've shown above is from Panchkula. Otherwise, I haven't seen any other Active with fog lamps either.
  2. gaur4v

gaur4v

Chandigarh
    Hmmm i am concerned cauz winters are coming and i am looking for fog lamps and de fogger, as far Joshi Zone are not going to provide this both things. So Please let me know can i install them from outiside ?
  3. PaddleShifter

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Gaurav, it is better if you first check with other three Fiat dealerships.
    Hind Motors, Mohali
    Hind Motors, Phase-I, Industrial area Chd
    Banarsi Dass Autos, Ind Area Pkl(new dealership, so don't know how much help they would be able to provide)

First do check out at Hind Motors, Mohali.

Hind Motors, Mohali had installed it on GP Active I've shown above.

PM if you need some assistance with these dealerships. I've just recently got GP from Hind, Chd. So they shall be able to help us out.

Edit- It is better to get it done from Fiat dealership. What if they find excuse to made the warranty void? Otherwise, after market fog lamps are very commonly installed and you can get them installed from Sec-28. I'm not sure of the de-fogger though.

Try with the dealerships or PM me if you need assistance. We'll get it done from them. Phone no. of dealerships/service centres are there in Joshi bashing thread where manikjeet had posted his horror story with Joshi Autozone(Thread name: I paid 5lacs to...).
  4. gaur4v

gaur4v

Chandigarh
    thanks, i will visit Hind Motors tomorrow :)
  5. yougotmi

yougotmi Amatore

Gaya
    This is the response to my email for fog lamps for Active:

frompartshelpindia <partshelpindia@fiapl.com>

to"mohitku@*****.com" <mohitku@*****.com>
    ccAjay Bhatnagar <Ajay.Bhatnagar@fiapl.com>,
    Kiran Waghmare <Kiran.Waghmare@fiapl.com>

dateThu, Sep 30, 2010 at 5:11 PM
    subjectRE: Fog Lamps for Punto Active

Dear Sir,

Required information is as follows.

We have available fog lamps which are fitted to higher version only.

Given part no. is suitable only for higher version.

Fog lamps are not fitted to Base model Punto Active model. :firey

Part no. 51787898 FOGLAMP RH- MRP-1,589.46/-
    Part no. 51789597 FOGLAMP LH- MRP- 1,589.46

Regards,
    Rita
  6. PaddleShifter

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    do not mail them for speaker change, fog lamps etc. Just get it done making sure there is no wire cutting.
    Some people have got fog lamps installed from dealerships and there are no compatibility issues.
  7. spvaidya

spvaidya Amatore

Kalyan, Mumbai
    Can anyone put active + fog lamp installed + fog lamp button snaps ?
    Be careful while installing fog lamp for active model. Ask which switch will be used for the lamps,existing or additional one will be put ? I saw active at my dealership where the dealer installed the Push/Pull switch on the right side of steering below ac vent :eek: . This reminded me of the old vehicles (e.g. Jeep) in which the lamp switch used to be of push/pull type.....
    When enquire why did not the existing switch on the dash board can be used, the dealer replied additional cabling of Rs26000/- (Twenty Six thousand ) ONLY :shocked is required.

I felt bad for the poor owner who didn't knew it before installation.
  8. i went for my 2nd servicing on 18th of november 2010 and i wanted to put FOG LIGHT on my Active...but the dealer told me that FIAT has instructed them not to fit FOG LIGHTS in the ACTIVE model....he was babbling something about SENSORs. and if i do fit from outside he told me that it would void the warranty.
    its a great dissapointment for me especially owning a FIAT....WARRANTY ISSUES this and that..etc...
  9. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    sandy, just confirm with Fiat service helpline as well.
  10. ratanshivi

ratanshivi Regolare

Mald (East)
    Hey !!

Any one has any Heads up On this!! I also want to put the Fog Lamps for my Active without a Push IN/OUT button.

Fiat Desperately needs to start rolling out the Accessories fast if they want to grow in the ever competitive Industry!!