1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fog Lamp - Holder

Discussion in 'Exteriors / Body' started by Ravi, Apr 5, 2013.

1. longdrive

longdrive Timido

Thank you all for throwing hints . I lost opportunity to re-fabricate it since its broken n half a part of it is lost.

- - - Merged Post - - -

Thanks Sunil. :) but logistically it wont be possible since I am in pune. But really appreciate your offer.

- - - Merged Post - - -

Thanks Shams, This part is available with my dealer. Is this PDF / Excel you have shown in image available in public?
  2. venka

venka BANNED

As suggested by Fiat-Yamaha , messged him to ask about the place where he had got fixed his Broken Fog lamp holder. Got the reply with exact location.

As work was less , decided to go @ lunch time , called sunil again to know the location.
    Went to the shop , showed him the Broken fog lamp holder , he didn't ask a question. :)

Started his work straight away.

Basically what he does is :

He cuts the metal mesh into small pieces , heats them up and place it on the attached pieces of the holder. he heats it up a bit after placing and pours the water on it so that plastic wont gets melted .

Pics : Cutting the mesh

Heating the metal piece.

Placed the heated metal piece on the fog lamp holder.

Final result

Back side of the broken fog lamp holder.

Fog lamp holder , These three screws needs to be removed and take out the connected pin by pressing , Fog lamp will come out with out any hassel.

Thanks a lot sunil :)
    Last edited: May 16, 2013
    5 people like this.
  3. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Grande Punto 1.4
    Nice work.

After seeing the kind of damage, I got idea of a DIY. Stitching the broken part using small pieces of copper cable, max one inch each, like they stitch the bumper of Indica cabs. :) This is posible only on plastic/fiber parts or casings.
  4. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

This is most likely ABS. ABS welding is possible by dissolving ABS powder in Acetone and the applying the glue like paste to the crack. Search google for ABS Welding. Advantage would be, the joint is sand-able and is usually stronger than the adjoining ABS material itself :D

5. theblack

theblack Esperto

I wish i knew about this earlier.
    I had the same problem you just fixed but i went to TASS and paid 2k to get the entire assy replaced!! :(
  6. Cubbie

Cubbie Superiore

My GP had lost the left side fog lamp due to me driving over a pot hole near bannerghatta road entry from mysore side, took it to Concorde motors at dairy circle (then), they said throw the lamp as i need to procure the whole kit and as suspected the spare wasnt available.

as my G.p is sold to my relative and promised to fix the gap and in bangalore none had it in stock , checked with both Aadhya and Vecto, sourced it in Hubli Manickbag, they had it readily available. 1800/- incl of all taxes.

gave fog lamp to my uncle to get it fixed, you know what they were given an appointment to come after 4 days by Aadhya !! Feels stupid to wait so long for such a small job. So asked them to go to some local garage..unsure what happened after that.
  7. pradman

pradman Novizio

Me too in same situation :(

Anyone know any gas welders in Chennai whom I can go to?

8. aashish_19

aashish_19 Amatore

Grande Punto 1.2
    I too have broken fog glass plus bulb too and lamp holder too. I used fevistik for lamp holder but i can't find solution for glass.

I myself dismantle fog lamp from my car but it is still lying in my car boot for quite some day as i didn't able to found specifically part and i don't want to just change full fog lamp kit for Rs. 1900 :eek:

I search everywhere for non-OEM and i got simple answer "Fiat ke parts bahar nahi milte" :A

@All Do let me know some other car brands fog lamp which can be fitted and easily available offline or online.
  9. aashish_19

aashish_19 Amatore

Grande Punto 1.2
    @ALL Do provide your valuable input in this thread also regarding fog lamp :)
  10. prashantgupta84

prashantgupta84 Regolare

New Delhi
    Grande Punto 1.3
    The glass of the left fog lamp has cracked. I called up Kashyap Fiat they said holder has to be replaced for Rs.1900 even if the glass is cracked....I have decided to use the cracked one till it is further damaged......