1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fog Lamp - Holder

Discussion in 'Exteriors / Body' started by Ravi, Apr 5, 2013.

1. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Quoting PM from longdrive
  2. varunrtr

varunrtr Esperto

KL-01/ TO
    Grande Punto 1.3
    i m 100% sure that they are sold separately !!! dunno the exact cost though !!
    if he has got some contacts with the mechanics, they can get it alone from their junk yard for sure !!
  3. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I think holder doesn't come separately, but service guys or from outside mechanics can use some adhesive and stick it.
    1 person likes this.
  4. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Hyderabad
    AFAIK, the holder does not come separately. The whole assembly is/was around 1900 INR a month ago, not sure if the prices were raised - saying this since prices of lots of parts have increased recently.

Holder's on both my fog lamps are broken (different incidents). For the first one, the roadside denter made small holes with a heated binding wire on the broken arms and joined them using the same binding wires. The second on i did the same myself using insulated copper from a ethernet cable and they have been intact for a long time now. The Above is possible if any of the broken plastic did not fall off.

The best part is you do not even have to remove the bumper to do all this. The fog lamps come off when you open up 3 screws (2 lower side of the bumper and 1 on the Silver Fob lamp cover) - You'll need a Allen key type screwdriver.

Off course, you'll have to do some bending/stretching exercises to remove and put back the Fog lamps.
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2013
    5 people like this.
  5. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    fog lamp holder does come separately. see the picture below:

fogs.JPG
    1 person likes this.
  6. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Hyderabad
    ^^ that's not the holder, it's the outer trim- the silver groove just for aesthetics. The holder has 3 legs and holds the lamp module, cannot be seen from outside.

Sent from my HTC Sensation using Tapatalk 2.
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2013
  7. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    ^^ my bad, i posted the picture of foglamp trim.
    from the below picture its clear that foglamp is one single part excluding only the bulb.

foglamp1.JPG
    1 person likes this.
  8. Fiat-Yamaha

Fiat-Yamaha Superiore

Bangalore
    Hello Amit,

Broken Fog lamp holder can b sticked together or even its easy to fabricate.
    My punto fog holder way broken but TASS used adhesive did not stay long.

So I removed the fog took the holder to gas welder shop near my place (use to go regularly for my RX135 mods) got it sticked with heated mesh cut pieces. Charged me 80 bucks for both fog holders.

First visit any gas welding shop mear you, most of them shud b aware of repairing fiber parts. If not come to my place, vll get this done hardly takes 30min to fix.
    I stay in Basavanagudi.
    PM or msg me if u need any further details.

Mob: 9986514779(msg first)usually I dont pick unknw no's.:mad:

Sunil.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2013
    3 people like this.
  9. bharathj85

bharathj85 Regolare

Chennai
    Guys even i am looking for FOG Light holders for my Punto MJD Active. I will fix up the HID separately for the fogs. If anyone has bought the holders pls let us know the price for the same.
  10. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    On a differenet note, why does FIAT sell parts as an entire assembly/set, when each part in the assembly has a part number?
    Instead of repairing the damaged ears, why does FIAT ask us to replace the entire head? :evilsmile
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2013