1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fog Lamp fell off ....

Discussion in 'Travelogues & Experiences' started by RollingIce, Jun 27, 2011.

1. Aniket

Aniket Superiore

Thane, Mumbai
    29092011564.jpg mine too fell of today, actully it was loose since last two year when i hit dog at 100 kmph, that time i tried some Jugad work with feviquick but today given up, THANX TO FIAT FOR SUCH AWASOME MID SYSTEM WHICH WARNED ME ON TIME WITH BEEPS AND SOME MASSAGE
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2011
  2. Aniket

Aniket Superiore

Thane, Mumbai
    i tried kava 2day they have some used kind of fog lamps but don`t have fitting brackets for this :-?
  3. vijay822002

vijay822002

Gurgaon
    Hi Srijit,

Any update on this issue. Did u get the bracket separately ???

I too need one of those. I broke my fog lamp bracket. Nicked the pavement and broke it.

Cheers
    N.Vijay
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2011
  4. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Srijit any developments done on the argument with the TASS, Hope they will fix it back to you FOC, as i think it should not come out so easily unless it had an impact...
  5. vivek_lko

vivek_lko Amatore

Noida
    I guess there is a basic flaw with the way the flog lamp is attached. I broke my fog lamp when I was taking a U turn and did not notice a cement slab and rubbed the corner of the bumper with it. When taking a U turn the speed is very less . Some paint scraped off from the bumper and I ended up with the broken fog lamp. See attached pic (red circle). I guess the fog lamp should have one end pivoted(probably the one attached to the bumper) to some movable joint so that is it able to take minor hits with ease.During 2nd service at HIM Patparganj, day before yesterday, I told the guys to fix it but they said they can only replace it ; though they did not have the spare fog lamp with them so its still the same.

30092011060.jpg
  6. vijay822002

vijay822002

Gurgaon
    Hi Vivek,

My case is also similar to yours.

Is it required to change the whole fog lamp assembly???

Only the bracket is not available???

Cheers
    N.Vijay
  7. Phew

Phew Esperto

New Delhi/Mohali
    FASS
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Man the quality really needs to be tightened

OT : how much do the new ones cost a pair of 2

Harmony & chaos
  8. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    I was thinking about the plastic as one off case for me, but here i realize people loosing there fog lamps, for me the headlamp clamp got cracked, without having any accident or any other big impact as such. I suspect the plastic quality here :(
  9. vivek_lko

vivek_lko Amatore

Noida
    Hi Vijay,
    The service advisor Mr Lokesh said that the whole assembly needs to be changed....For such a small breakage.. you need the change the whole stuff :(

---------- Post added at 05:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:19 PM ----------

I agree...There is a reason why everyone is criticizing the plastic quality..!!! The cost quoted was Rs 1100 for one complete assembly..
  10. varoon9999

varoon9999 Superiore

New Delhi,HP 48
    New Delhi,HP 48
    Grande Punto 1.3

if bracket breaks or glass pops off for fog lamp,whole assembly has to be replaced with new one.i have got mine changed once.price was Rs.1800/-a month ago.