1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fog Lamp fell off ....

Discussion in 'Travelogues & Experiences' started by RollingIce, Jun 27, 2011.

1. RollingIce

RollingIce Amatore

Pune
    Hi,
    This weekend I had been to lavasa for a drive.This was my second trip and the drive was fun.On my way back I heard a sound of crackling plastic while driving.I thought I rode over some plastic bits on the road.Later I realized that the noise came from my car.
    I parked on the side and examined the car but there was no visible damage.
    On further examination I found a fog lamp on the road.It had been dragged by the supporting wires for some distance.There was not other visible damage anywhere.
    The right side fog lamp had broken off its assembly frame [a black frame].I disconnected the wires and picked up the lamp and rode back home.
    The lamp was not broken though it had scratches due to the drag.Not sure if I can use it again or have to buy the whole assembly.
    But I still don't know the cause.But I feel bad about it and bit worried to take my car on long drives.Did Fiat compromise somewhere ?
    Could it be the low clearance and the speed breakers?

-Srijit
    13,500 Km

27062011436.jpg

27062011437.jpg
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2011
  2. RollingIce

RollingIce Amatore

Pune
    I forgot to add...
    There was no mesage on the console and even now with the lamp removed I dont get any even when I turn on the fog lamp switch.
  3. looks like you need to get that whole assembly since it did not come out due to any screw being loose. rather the plastic surround seems broken. try refreshing your memory, hitting something on the right side of your bumper. near the foglamp..

the mid does not show ant information about the fog lamp if i am not wrong.
    this is not in the list shown on the mid
  4. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    Rolling Ice.. the chances are your car bumper might have got hit in some speed breakers and maybe this particular side took the hit. On taking a closer look at the fog lamps do you feel like it is of poor quality ? Just check underneath the bumper whether you see any visible scratches there.
  5. hillram

hillram

Hyderabad
    The Fog lamps looks quite sturdy and strong to have taken the impact.Im sure it was speed breaker which must have caused the damage.
  6. soccerfan

soccerfan Regolare

Kochi
    Most likely something hit the bumper underside and dislodged the fog lamps. The fog lamp assembly is quite a strong one
  7. RollingIce

RollingIce Amatore

Pune
    Hi ,
    I did a manual inspection on the bumper underside.There are no signs of any damage or hit.There are scratch marks underneath the bumper though not significant enough to cause any damage.
    Moreover the fog lamp is placed deeper inside the bumper and is not exposed directly to the road,so no chances of any thing hitting it.

Thanks,
    Srijit
  8. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    Srijit, if that is the case may be you can go for an argument with the TASS people and clearly tell them that it is not your problem at all that it fell off. Make sure you are able to counter all their points. If you are lucky enough you could get it under warranty. Nothing wrong in giving a try. Speak to some authorised persons there.
  9. RollingIce

RollingIce Amatore

Pune
    Let me talk to them,probably they should be able to point out the cause.
    Thanks,
    Srijit
  10. punto_rocks

punto_rocks

Fog Lamp fell off..

Hey srijit,

same case happen with me also :( .. last week when i ws driving back to home after office i feel some plastic ws hangign with my car.. i stopped n saw my left fog lamp was hanging .. i fixed it temporarily ... even i dnt remember my bumper gt hit smwhere .. i m quite surprised at it..

did u talked to the TASS guys.. what did they answer ?