1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fog Built up on windscreen - climate control

Discussion in 'Technical' started by renlouis, Sep 23, 2014.

1. renlouis

renlouis Amatore

Aleppey
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hi friends, Is climate control feature worth in spending more bucks to buy the top variant?

I had one scary night drive when I was overwhelmed :depressed: by the external fog build up on the windscreen; I didn't know what to do, AC turns things more worse, finally stopped the car and called my friend who has a punto, he told me to start heating the windscreen, and that was it! :happy:

Can you share the multiple advantages of using Automatic Climate control?
    I'm very surprised to ask this question since many with this feature say that they have never heard/encountered the windscreen inside and outside fogging especially driving on rainy days.

Many thanks.
  2. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    Top variant is lot more than climate control, not sure how many people look at top variant for climate control, but many take top variant because of additional safetly features, which in general in India doesnt come in base variants.

As far as climate control is concern it just automates things that you can do manually, provided you know what happens when things are cold or hot and how to use temprature to benefit you in a given situation.
    mangeshtendulkar, prabhjot and Ravi like this.
  3. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I have modified your thread tile and moved from Car Purchase section.

As @Viny mentioned, top end model has lots of other features than Climate Control.

The fog in rainy season is common issue, due to temperature difference between inside and outside windscreen. Heating windscreen is the best option to clean it up, and nothing specific to climate control.
    renlouis and prabhjot like this.
  4. ccprakash

ccprakash Regolare

Bangalore
    More importantly the security features are there in high end. I prefer security is the primary aspect while buying a car with my price range(Its my personal opinion).

Better to have ABS, AIRBAGS etc., You may not use it frequently but will he very helpful in sudden situations.
  5. renlouis

renlouis Amatore

Aleppey
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Guys, I was not saying real security features are silly compared to Automatic climate control :angelic:. I was terrified by the external fog build up while driving in rain at night and did not know what to do for first time :shamefullyembarrased:. Also I thought Automatic climate control will do windscreen heating to avoid fog outside and so guessed I missed out a big thing when bought the dynamic variant. Anyway happy I am I have rear window defogger :D.
  6. Ravi_M

Ravi_M Regolare

Indore
    Indore
    Linea 1.3
    There may be a difference between one deposited on outer and the inner surface of the wind-screen. I have seen moisture on the inner surface to be most common during rainy season that accumulates when we put ON AC. It is obvious as it can't be cleaned using wipers. Directing the cool air of AC to the screen helps immediately. However I haven't faced the problem reported by renlouis. I have faced it in my Nano and as rightly said, directing hot air to the screen clears it.
  7. renlouis

renlouis Amatore

Aleppey
    Grande Punto 1.3
    There is one thing I see after parking the car after even a short drive - I see water drops on the floor (a very small amount up to half a glass) under the car when parked; don't know where it comes from? I always use AC while driving. Is this because of using AC?
  8. Parantap Chatterjee

Parantap Chatterjee Regolare

Gurgaon
    Gurgaon
    Linea T-Jet
    Condensation on the outer/inner surface of the windshield is due to the diference in the internal and external temperatures. During monsoons , with the AC running , the air inside is cooler than the mositure-laden warmer air outside. This causes condensation on the outer surface of the windshield. Using the wipers only makes it worse. Best thing to do is pull over and use the heater to heat the windshield for some time till the mist is removed.

In winters , the reverse happens as the air inside the car is warmer than outside and this causes misting inside. Best option is to use the AC suitably to direct cold air flow to the windshield.
    renlouis likes this.