1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

FM Modulator/Transmitter- Solution to lack of USB/AUX in some models

Discussion in 'In Car Entertainment' started by nobrakes, Feb 22, 2012.

1. nobrakes

Hey Tfians! Am very happy as I write this post, the reason being that I purchased a MP3 Fm transmitter which allows me to play MP3's from my phone/ipod nano/usb and sd card. This lttle device is really a boon as i was getting fed up of writing/playing cd's in my GP Emotion.

All one has to do is plug in the device into the little charging socket near the gearlever/handbrake, set a matching (and empty) radio frequency on the device(i've set 87.5FM) and then plug in you phone, MP3 player or any of the devices mentioned above, and your music streams through your car speakers. It works like a dream!! drove around a bit to test it and it did'nt flinch at all. I've kept the Ipod nano next to the device so you guys can get an idea about the size of the transmitter. The best quality music was of course the Ipod nano.....no CD compares to it.
    All in all, for 550INR I am delighted :)

2012-02-22 17.04.06.jpg

2012-02-22 17.04.29.jpg

2012-02-22 17.04.43.jpg

2012-02-22 17.05.53.jpg

low beam 2 (2).jpg
    2 people like this.
  2. How is the quality of sound ? Cause i tried one before (though it was INR 150) and its sound quality was pathetic. So i switched back to CD's.
  3. Tron

Tron Superiore

hey dude, looks pretty VFM device! Please share details of this device with us. Brand name, place where you bought it, any warrenty given?
    Quality of sound?

Btw what is your location in mumbai? Im from mulund.
  4. nobrakes

@Karan, the sound quality is great!The best the stock speaker can muster...

@Tron, it is a vfm device...so far so good. The brand is called "worldtech". I'm from IC, in Borivli west. There's a car accessories shop close to my place on SVP road where i get all my accessories shop. The guy has good stuff and this is the third car i'm taking to him for accessories. Sound quality is great, especially when played through the ipod. In my excitement, i forgot to ask about the warranty!
  5. Vikrant Joshi

Vikrant Joshi Amatore

I too have the same device (worldtech).
    It is having a 6 month warranty.

And yes the quality is good! the usability of the device is awesome! You can connect your mobile phone to listen music and hear phone calls too fron the stock speakers:D
  6. nobrakes

Hey Vikrant! The call quality through the stock speakers is great...competely agree with you. I almost bought a Belkin device through amazon.co.uk, but i thought it wise to check locally first. Pleased as punch :)
  7. I saw a similar product from worldtech listed in ebay with price quoted 850 rs.The size of that is big compared to the one shown here in image.
  8. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    Grande Punto 1.3
    thats really nice, i never saw this !
    one thing i was missing with the OEM HU is the remote control.
  9. HI Nobreaks:-
    i had used that product below in palio and its good but the sound clarity is not so. don`t use your Ipod or Phone with that. it will damage. my sony music player got damaged because of power off and on.
    and the biggest problem in punto is the socket is near the hand break area, so when ever you pull hand break, the chances to touch the device are there and it will power off.
    can only enjoy the device only on long drives.
  10. nobrakes

Hey Drive drift, the device is flexible like a little arm, so it does not interfere with the gear/hand brake.

Did'nt understand ur statement :(