1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fly Wheel issue

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by aashish_19, Feb 6, 2013.

1. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    My god, this is first ever case i have seen in my life. Its nearly impossible for that bolt to break off.

Ya - thats a flywheel. It is a clear case of fatigue failure. Now the question is why did they repair it. They should replace the flywheel.

Dont let this case go off easily Ashish. Contact all fiat top brass and let them know about this.

Flywheel breaking is a very rare and bad case - fiat has to take a note of it and figure out if all the flywheels of this lot were faulty.

Ask them for refund and a brand new flywheel. Tell them clearly that you dont want to risk a high speed diesel engine with repaired flywheel that has already come off once.
    2 people like this.
  2. aashish_19

aashish_19 Amatore

Noida
    Grande Punto 1.2
    @Tron thnx buddy for acknowledging it. Actually i have bought this car from Noida region and it has been with my brother near VARANASI fro couple of months, i went specially to my hometown to drive all the way from varanasi to NOIDA back but this issue came up. I totally agree with this issue to me manufacturing defect and i wasn't ready to pay a single penny for all this and i have mention to their operation head also. But, my main concern is to just get it resolve the issue and move my car from their as i don't trust this TASS anymore.

I have also ask them if this is really somewhat that customer has to pay then do let me know with proper billing n all, so that i can convey the same to FIAT and they did.

Today i have mail to them and report complain against the BRIJLAX MOTORS, VARANASI. And, also the quality of screw which has got problem. The FIAT CSE gave me the complain number and told me that within 72hrs i will be getting call from them. Let see what next i have.
  3. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    It most certainly is a dual-mass fly wheel.

The shear is way too clean to be a fatigue failure. Looks more like a bad apple. I mean, the screw was cracked long before it even met the fly wheel. From the picture of the broken screw, I do not see any stress crack.

@Aashish_19 - I think you need to let FIAT know about this. This is a critical component and FIAT cannot afford to have a lethargic QC team working with this.

Rajan
  4. Italia-Linea

Pune
    Ashish, i truly feeling that you should not be running that flywheel. Its a dual mass flywheel. A dual mass flywheel has a spring between 2 rotating masses. Now i am not sure how the bolt failed. It might be that the sping got stuck or something and suddenly it caused a "ZATKA".
  5. aashish_19

aashish_19 Amatore

Noida
    Grande Punto 1.2
    @Italia-Linea hey buddy i was waiting for you, i was also some what skeptical about this one that if company screw got broken then how a local shop nut/screw would handle it. And in coming time these local nut/screw surely will get cracked and it is a sure case of negligence from TASS but as i said i don't trust these people and they prove their worthiness when they said to me that the screw is not available with them and they need to search some where outside and lastly i have to bear the labor ans other charges.

I will me mailing to senior authority plus the eastern region head on this.
  6. Italia-Linea

Pune
    Those are very high quality screws. They dont break off easily. I am sure you wont get similar good quality screw anywhere in local market. Do whatever you want to do but do it a bit quickly.
  7. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    That's what i feel as well. A bad bolt got in.

Ashish, is the car driving fine? Any unusual / extra vibrations?
  8. aashish_19

aashish_19 Amatore

Noida
    Grande Punto 1.2
    After repairing, i drove it to 500km almost till date and by god grace doesn't find any extra noise or any unusual vibration till now. But, still i have fear that this can again create some major issue sooner or later.

Just now i mailed this issue to Mangesh, Gurpratap Boparai, Ravi Bhatia etc. Let see what they will be doing in this case.
  9. aashish_19

aashish_19 Amatore

Noida
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Hi ALL,

Today i got call from BRIJLAX MOTORS, Varanasi and they told me that they are refunding the said amount against the Labor Charge as per instructed by ARUN RAJPUT and on my good will repo :p . But i have also ask them to check their warehouse for parts/assembly to be change as whole on my next visit to them.

Will update you all on the rest part
  10. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Good to hear that.

I would be happy to see a new flywheel being fitted in your Punto.:)
    1 person likes this.