1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fluid top ups - Confused

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by zenwalker, Sep 17, 2013.

1. kk27

kk27 Amatore

Kandivali - Mumbai
    Kandivali - Mumbai
    Fiat Enthusiast
    The break oil is for the applying a hydraulic pressure to the pads; when you press the pedal the fluid is pushed to the pad walls which pushes it to the disc which acts as breaking!
  2. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    While on the subject of topping up fluids, I always fill up coolant to about 5 mm above maximum mark, after 10 minutes of switching of the engine. While no harm will be done on this little excess, it will help to some extent in case of unforeseen leak.
    1 person likes this.
  3. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    Dear friend, oil act as lubricant, and brake is used to apply friction on discs by brake pads so that vehicle stops, if we will put oil there, then the lubrication nature will not allow the friction in between pad and disc and in that situation the vehicle will find very hard to stop. The black dust that we see are the dust from brake pads will fall off due to friction between pad and disc.

I hope this helps.
    1 person likes this.
  4. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    Hello All,

Been to Vecto today evening around 4pm. My goodness, there were 25+ cars given for servicing today (as per log book) and i did wait for like 10 minutes and observed the mechanics. They are definitely overloaded. Poor souls.

Any ways, another happy ending @vecto. After waiting for 10 minutes, Service assistant came back and asked for the car. checked the coolant, steering fluid. I requested him to check for any leakages. Even he was also wondering why it went low in just 2.5k, checked all. Took around 5 minutes to inspect every where in the engine bay. Did not find any single drop of leakage. After that he requested mechanic to bring in both the liquids.

Both the containers were topped up and the SE gave almost 200ml+ left over steering liquid bottle for free :D and suggested me to fill it up myself when required.
    I also asked if he can provide any left over coolant too, he said coolant we do not have any left overs at the moment and suggested to pick it up next time visit.
    I felt happy. Neither me had to mention about warranty or any of that sort nor himself asked for job card, payment, etc. stuff.

As Ravi sir said, he filled up coolant more than the max level a bit.
    Felt very happy with their response and work done in just 30 minutes and gave the car back to me. Thanked him and left the place.
    Another happy SC moments for me, thanks Vecto SC guys :clap

DSC04329.jpg

In between the oil top up time, me and the SE happen to exchange few words about the overload and any more SC coming up or not.
    The vecto owner has already planned for 1 SC @Mysore road and 1 @White field (Not any where near KHT SC). I didnt asked him the datetime details. Also the owner has purchased few buildings infront of their yard and next to it at the existing premisis, but some legal issues with it. If it gets over, then more bays will come up. The emergency bay are is completed with the bed, few more equipments like hydraulics and few more has to be installed.

- - - Merged Post - - -

Thanks buddy.

Hmm... why didnt i think of that way, dammit :uh
    3 people like this.
  5. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

Are you sure the PS fluid was topped up with the can in the pic?

The can in pic is Gearbox oil.
  6. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    It's ATF, so it's fine ;)
    1 person likes this.
  7. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    @Driver,
    It was done in the yard in front of me. And as per the manual yes it is. :)
  8. naveen2cool

naveen2cool Superiore

Chennai
    So PS oil and Gear Oil the same?
  9. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    For your info ;)
    Screenshot - 09192013 - 08:46:26 PM.png
    1 person likes this.
  10. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

Naveen, if we had an AT car, yes, as Gurjinder has clarified.

Refer below SS from manual. PS fluid matches with the ATF grade specs as in pic above PS.jpg .
    1 person likes this.