1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fluid top ups - Confused

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by zenwalker, Sep 17, 2013.

1. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    Ok buddy, have tried my best in various angles to make it clear.
    DSC04300.JPG DSC04301.JPG DSC04302.JPG DSC04303.JPG
  2. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

Zen, from what I can make out, car is still on an incline, your car's nose is slightly pointing upwards. So naturally, level is not proper. Just keep driving. Not a problem.
  3. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    Yep the liquid is one side by hardly 1mm so the nose inclination is around 5 degress or less. The main concern for me was the long distance trip which i was going this weekend. Anyways for safer side, ill visit FASS tomorrow and see if i can top up all the fluids. Only concern is that will i have to pay for 1lt and will i get the left over after topping it up.
  4. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Hyderabad
    If they fill it from a new can, you can take the remaining with you. When you have paid for it why will they not let you take it :confused::confused:. Technically speaking, this counter sale not allowed etc is all BS, if you deal with them correctly, they'll sell you whatever you want.

Again, If you find the right guy at the SC and request, he will just top it up from the left overs they have.

That said, there is no reason to panic about the level unless it is dropping day by day.
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2013
  5. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    @vj_v1,
    Hmm... lets see, ill speak with channabasappa and lets him say what he has to. Ill try to get the can for later top ups myself. It should not be hard right unless ofcourse 2 liquids has to be mixed up first in a bowl and then pouring process. If just 1 tin - open and pour then ill do it myself.
  6. naveen2cool

naveen2cool Superiore

Chennai
    Zen.. Your car is new. Ask them to do anything in warranty. Why should you pay from your pocket?
  7. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    You are simply fretting for no reason. In such mindset, you might have to give up the planning to drive up to Leh. Don't get me wrong, you are losing sleep unnecessarily.

Sent from my GT-N7000
  8. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    Frankly didnt know fluids are included in the warranty. :D
  9. Mohankv

Mohankv Amatore

bangalore
    Zen, DO NOT OPEN YOUR ENGINE BAY TILL THE 1ST SERVICE... Just go drive man... :D
  10. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    Krishna few reasons: Nope not loosing sleep situation just that i do not want her to get into issues.

1. Manual says top it up if its minimum level.
    2. Dont want to get stranded in middle of no where, better to be safer than sorry.
    3. Since FIAT dislikers are traveling with me, so dont want to hear them whining about FIAT. Hate it absolutely.
    4. Oh well at the moment i am just wondering how it could get low. Any ways FASS is near to my office, so no issue in fixing any thing ;)

- - - Merged Post - - -

Btw please can some body clarify me about the containers min and max marking, as to why the gap between them is soo less while the container is soo big and below the min marking level, the container can hold alot more quantity. Is it just a safe cap?