1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fluid leak after a drive and Oil Level

Discussion in 'Technical' started by brandnewpunter, Jan 12, 2013.

1. brandnewpunter

brandnewpunter Amatore

Chennai
    Since 2 days I can see small circles (3-4 cm radius) of fuel stains in the car park and this happens right after I park the car. After few hours there is no leak. Can someone tell me what could be the reason behind this.

More info below as I feel it's necessary to include that.

My car's ODO stands at 10,500 KM and if I dip the stick and test the oil level is very low. It's around 1-15 MM on the dispstick. I did not change oil in the 1st service.

As said in this thread http://www.teamfiat.co.in/engine-compartment/4230-engine-oil-level.html a visit to the SC is due.
  2. brandnewpunter

brandnewpunter Amatore

Chennai
    I meant 10-15 MM!

Attaching pictures. Dip Stick.jpg Dip Stick2.jpg
  3. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    There is definitely some leak. so answer is simple, oil is leaking from oil sump, either from the drain plug or somewhere else. Also the mark on stick shows you have lest then 3.2 litres. Immediately get it rectified and dont drive with leaking oil.
    1 person likes this.
  4. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

This points to AC water.

Your engine oil also badly needs top-up, and my hunch is that these two are two separate events.
    1 person likes this.
  5. brandnewpunter

brandnewpunter Amatore

Chennai
    I will take it to TASS and check 1. Ac water leakage.
    2. Oil sump leakage

and what else?

Also I will top up oil. Will a 1 litre top up do or more is required?
  6. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

Hey, you can omit Point # 1. You need a check-up only when water is not dripping and soiling the carpets. :D Happened to me.

Regarding point #2, I guess a litre would do. If the whole of 1 litre is used for top-up only, I would suggest you to get another litre of Selenia WR 5W40 for doing self top-ups. :)
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2013
  7. brandnewpunter

brandnewpunter Amatore

Chennai

Cool. I guess only TASS will have Selenia WR 5w40?
  8. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

Yup. And not all of them provide OTC sale of fluids.
    1 person likes this.