1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Flooded by Rain Rescued by CAI Fiat Coimbatore – A team of heroes led by Mr. Vivin Kumar (SM, CAI Fi

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by jaggu916, Dec 25, 2015.

1. jaggu916

jaggu916 Novizio

On 3rd of November 15, while returning from work there was heavy downpour of rain in entire Coimbatore, my work spot is 30Kms from Coimbatore on Palladam road. After travelling through 28 Kms of incessant rains I reached the turning to race course close to my home. My Linea had just come back from service in September 2015 and run a total of 88000Kms since February 2010. Never had an issue and always well cared for by Fiat experts in CAI Fiat Coimbatore.

At about 5 PM on the above day, while taking the turn, my car stalled a few metres in to the turn. There was water flowing & I saw a few cars come out of the turn, and being a regular route I decided to take the road which proved to be disastrous for my Linea MJD.

Car stalled middle of the road with a sea of water all-around me amidst buses and other cars honking from my behind. First I called Mr. Saba Rathinam my regular service advisor in CAI Fiat, Coimbatore; he assured me to stay calm and said that help from CAI would reach me shortly. Water started rising and soon I could find water near my feet inside trickling in steadily. I was feeling miserable & anxious. I again called Mr. Saba Rathinam to know the status of the rescue team – to my surprise, he said “Sir, driver is on another duty, so our Service Manager Mr. Vivin Kumar with 2 staves (Mr. Nanda Kumar & Mr. Bhoopathi) are coming in a Bolero, they have already left the place, since water is inside the car, please get down and move to a safe place”. CAI Fiat’s service centre is in Lakshmi Mills’s compound in Avinashi road, about 2Kms from my place but I knew rains would have caused jams everywhere and they would be here in about 20 minutes.

Wading through water I managed to pull myself to a supermarket nearby and waited, I received a call from the Service Manager Mr. Vivin kumar who was arriving in quick time. Real prompt service by the Manager himself leading from the front – much appreciate his effort in serving a customer in distress. The manager with the two staves Mr. Nanda Kumar & Mr. Bhoopathi initiated the towing process in the small available space, guiding my vehicle through water and heavy traffic, absolute professional heroism!

Support in need of the hour is the way to win a customer & CAI Fiat knows how to care for the customer. We reached the service centre in an hour and the entire team was there to receive the vehicle and assure me – it was reassuring.

Next day Mr. Venkatesh (he knows the entire vehicle history) who is the technical incharge inspected the engine – team opened up the engine chamber, the air filter was soaked, water had been sucked in, I had underestimated the quantum of water and caused the accident. Mr. Venkatesh on thorough inspection advised to go avail insurance and change half block & necessary components.

Mr. Selvakumar initiated the insurance procedure, guiding me well through the process, he was supported by Mr. Dhilip kumar who too guided me throughout the claim process and it was hasslefree. Mr. Rejoy – body shop incharge prepared an estimate for insurance and with due care followed up every stage, giving confidence that vehicle was in safe hands.

Post estimate approval, Mr. Venkatesh & team swung into action, parts availability was not a problem, they had ordered during insurance processing. Mr. Venkatesh assisted by Mr. Mukesh, Mr. Santosh, Mr. Sundaraj & Mr. Narendiran carried out a perfect job. Mr. Karthikeyan needs a special mention for fixing a small job in final stage.

Entire exercise was handled smoothly without a hitch. Team CAI Fiat deserves a big round of applause. Fiat’s flag will fly high if every service centre in India will be as customer oriented as CAI.

The whole exercise costed Rs 2.06 Lakhs, Future Genrali paid Rs 84000, rest was from my pocket. Attached actual invoice.

CAI Fiat, Coimbatore, has a great team, keep it up.

Attached Files:

manjunathkl, Raaz, pabhishek and 8 others like this.
  2. limraj

limraj Superiore

Linea 1.3
    Thank you for sharing. A change from the usual service centre bashing.
    Do you have a guy staying with the same service centre for 5 years???
    My car is going to be 3 years old, I could not find a single advisor at any of the service centres who attended the car for more than 6~12 months!!!
    prabhjot likes this.
  3. adisrini1103

adisrini1103 Amatore

Linea 1.3
    For our linea CAI fiat was really caring, But it was Fiat who messed up in delivering the parts promptly.
  4. varin11

varin11 Superiore

The total cost 2.1 lacs and insurance paid only 84k...why?
  5. Ravi_M

Ravi_M Regolare

Linea 1.3
    Hearty congratulations @jaggu916. Its really assuring to read such feedback. You can share this on FCA FB account.

I am also curious to understand why you got <50% from FG.
  6. manjunathkl

manjunathkl Amatore

Linea 1.4
    We must quote this thread whenever some one bashes the service centers. I can fully understand and acknowledge the bad experiences. But we must look at the good experience as well.
    varin11 likes this.