1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Flipkart's own Tablet - Digiflip Pro X712

Discussion in 'Gadgets / Electronics / Laptops' started by Ravi, Jun 27, 2014.

1. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
  2. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    Coz Flipkarts major or equal competitor is Amazon India.

However, i am seriously wondering about the quality of the device, be it screen touch sensitivity, processor, ram, etc.
  3. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Lenovo A7-50 Tablet and HP Slate 7 Voice Tab, all features combined from both and priced 4.5 to 5k less. Nice attempt by Flipkart. :up
  4. Ravi

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    The specification is decent for its price and much better than competition. I think better to wait for few authentic reviews, before buying.
  5. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    @Ravi,
    Looks like there is a huge demand. However, it doesnt state it supports 2G, coz it only states 3G. Safe to assume backward compatibility exists?
  6. Ravi

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    No idea Zen, but 2G will die soon anyway. Tablet on 2G will tough to use.
    Dual SIM option plus voice call, good options.

I am thinking on it, but would wait for proper review to come. BTW, there is option for 1 month guaranteed return.
  7. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Yes it should be backward compatible. Also both SIM 3g is not provided by all manufacturers. True Unlimited 2g plans even if slow are available at about 200Rs. approx. from cellular providers, so having 2g esp. 2.5G and 2.75G gprs and edge support is good.
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2014
  8. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    @Ravi,
    Yes even i was thinking in the same angle. But then thought, no electronics would start behaving weird in just one month. So though warranty is applicable, the irritation of not having it with you but in the repair shop for a while bugs me.
    I also checked their 1 month return policy, if the device is found damaged, then this policy gets void. So even if you happen to find a dead pixel after 15 days, your device cant be returned but repaired. So in a nut shell, i am thinking about the durability of this device in a long run.
    On the flip side, Xolo Tab almost with the same config costs around the same price as this, but the hardware quality of Xolo was really good.

@asimpleson,
    fingers crossed ;)

- - - Merged Post - - -

Guys, found a review article.
    http://gadgetstouse.com/quick-hands-on/flipkart-digiflip-pro-xt-712-first-look-review/22037
  9. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    Dear Guys,
    Booked Digiflip pro on 3 days ago and today noon i received it.
    There are quite a few review videos on youtube already, so shall keep it crisp and to the point
    1. Packaging was excellent by flipkart unlike Micromax packing from Amazon.
    2. Box design/artwork is quite nice including lots of padding for safety
    3. Tablet was neatly packed inside a soft plastic cover to protect plus the box itself has alot of padding inside. Liked it. But no screenguard
    4. Tab is sleek and not heavy.
    5. Tab is not bloated by many apps of 3d Party or of flipkart too. Just 3-4 apps, thats all.
    6. Brightness with viewing angles are great.
    7. Audio is not loudspeaker type, but still quite good.
    8. No tablet case/cover is provided.
    9. Body quality is great.
    10. Touch sensitivity is kool.

Looks and feels like its a total worth for this price.

P.S: Shall update review after few days and then after few months.

Cheers

DSC04904.jpg DSC04905.jpg
    3 people like this.