1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Flip Keys for GP Active

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by nmp, Jan 19, 2012.

1. nmp

nmp Amatore

Thane, Mumbai
    I've came across the flip keys from Harrison Keys. The link is here

Flip Key for Punto & Linea

I'm having a Active version GP. Obviously I don't have the original flip key from Fiat.

So what do you think guys, shall I go for this option? Anyone of us have already done this?
    1 person likes this.
  2. shashanknathani

shashanknathani Superiore

Pune
    Looks interesting. Did you called up these guys and had a chat with them. I guess it would be great if someone from Panchkula can make a trip to them and check for the quality of flip keys. If the quality looks good, we can try for a bulk deal and get discounted rates.

Any takers in Panchkula to help TFI'ians out?
  3. nmp

nmp Amatore

Thane, Mumbai
    Well I didn't called up the guy yet. But has communicated to him since last year through other forum. The work seems to be good, and one or two members have already done (non fiat owners) the job from him.

I think Paddleshifter, Vijay Khasa are from Panchkula. May be they can help us here.:anyone

Negotiating for discount is a good idea but I guess, we 'Active' owners are in minority here!
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2012
  4. gopscreative

gopscreative Amatore

Chicago
    If it works out , then we can opt for a bulk buying.
  5. Rituraj

Rituraj Regolare

Jorhat, Assam
    It might not work for many of us who have installed Fiat-authorised central locking on our Actives. Quoting few lines..
    "If you can't find the above remote then you can go for any remote from Autocop but keep 2 things in mind while purchasing that:

It should NOT have any antenna on it.
    LED on remote should glow in RED colour"

The Fiat-authorised remote for Punto Active has a green LED.
  6. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    I won't recommend it because they cut the original key to fit in the flip key and secondly the flip key would be dummy and buttons won't work.
    I have got a duplicate key made by them for my Linea, the key is good only for opening the doors in emergency and keep that in my wallet.
    They can't duplicate the Fiat keys with immobilizer like they do for other manufactures.
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  7. nmp

nmp Amatore

Thane, Mumbai
    Hummmm... thats bad. But does that mean its not useful even for our 'Active' version (Manual key - no buttons)?
  8. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    nmp if you allow them to cut your car key they would install your key and it's transponder in the Flip key and it would function as normal as it used to before the conversion to flip key but the buttons on the flip key won't work and would be dummy.
    Also the Flip key have old blue fiat logo and not the lastest red logo.
  9. nmp

nmp Amatore

Thane, Mumbai
    Thanks Vijay for the reply.

I've not installed remote, so it was anyways a manual entry for me. I'm worried only for the 'Immobilizer' part. If it is not going to hamper it then its fine with me.

About the 'old logo' I've already checked with them. So far they have not got the new Red Logo of Fiat.
  10. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Wow !This is useful for owners of Emotion, E+ & 90 HP. Coz they get only one foldable key from FIAT.Where other manufacturer gives spare remote, fiat only gives one remote / foldable key.