1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Flat Tyre - Nut refuses to loosen up.

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself' started by sriramr9, Sep 22, 2014.

1. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Just ensure that right amount of torque is applied to unscrew the nut, any higher force can cause the nut to shear/break. I would suggest to either apply WD 40 or keep a diesel soaked cloth on the nuts, will loosen the grime sticking around. I hope you have made sure that the threads arent cross.
  2. sriramr9

sriramr9 Amatore

Chennai
    Yes, Was mentioning the pressure being applied at the hex end to the nuts, With helping hands unscrewed the nuts finally, my gut feeling was applying pressure on the pivots with no air could damage both the tire n alloy i may be wrong here.

They were tightened last time by the puncture guy but it was too hard for us to negotiate. Anyways did it successfully
  3. deepakhon

deepakhon Amatore

Bangalore
    I had this issue long time back with my Palio, and when I applied a lot of force, the nut broke in such a fashion that the lower part of the nut got stuck. Since it was like that, I was able to change to a spare tyre, but I had to drive quite a distance with only 3 nuts ( :)) until I got that corrected at Fiat.