1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Flashing BRAKE light for Punto

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by Surya, Nov 7, 2013.

1. Surya

Surya Superiore

Namma Bengaluru
    Recently i have seen Brake lights fixed near the number plates of some cars here like in the attached image below, the lights will flash only in case of hard braking or during emergency braking and avert the rear impact collisions.

They say the driver reaction time is reduced by 33% when flashing rear lights are used in sudden braking conditions.

Red-strobe-flashing-LED-Super-bright-Free.jpg

reactiontimechange.jpg

Guys do you recommend fixing such lights in punto/Linea kindly advice..
  2. rishike007

rishike007 Esperto

Mumbai-Pune
    Pune- Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Surya, Kedar has installed the same on his Abarth Punto :)
  3. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    How does the light know about the intensity of braking? Does it tap into the ABS sensor?
  4. I see flashing indicators when braked used by cabbies in Bangalore.
  5. jumu

jumu Superiore

Chennai
    Most braking will lie in the intense zone (atleast the final pinch of the disc ) except the planned ones ,may be at signals or reaching home. It will be quite irritating for the following car. Cabbies generally dont bother about the fellow road users. It is just that they find it novel. If it was me , I would avoid installing such a brake light. Entirely my personal take.

Abdul
  6. Auditya

Auditya

Pune
    I guess these lights are called F1 lights.

Kedar has installed this in his Punto. And as far as I remember, he took the connection from tail lamps. So I really doubt that this light will be flashed only on hard braking.
  7. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Even i have ordered and is delivered, Will be fixing it soon.,
  8. PuntoSingh

PuntoSingh Amatore

Faridabad
    NCR
    Grande Punto 1.3

From where you order and what was the cost? Please post Review and pics when installed.

Thanks
  9. Surya

Surya Superiore

Namma Bengaluru
    Cabbies alter the tail lamp assy to flash which is quite annoying thing but this one's a small triangular shaped LED fixed near the number plate or bottom which flashes when brakes are applied

- - - Merged Post - - -

Cabbies alter the tail lamp assy to flash which is quite annoying thing but this one's a small triangular shaped LED fixed near the number plate or bottom which flashes when brakes are applied
  10. XLR8er

XLR8er Amatore

Pune
    Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    I have seen kedar's lights indeed. And I agree that flashing actually alert others faster as it's a human tendency to give attention to flashy objects. :sly: . and IMO it looks cool too.

Sent From Canvas 4 using Tapatalk