1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fixing Disel Price Goes to Petrolium Companies - Does afftect disel car sales?

Discussion in 'Non FIAT Cars and two wheelers' started by PranavOne, Apr 24, 2012.

1. PranavOne

PranavOne Amatore

Chennai
    Hi Guys,
    The news has come the central Govt. having a plan to give fixing disel price to petrolium companies so that diesel price seems to be hiked upto unexpected more price, will this affect disel car sale in future?
  2. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Government agrees in-principle to free diesel prices: Finance Ministry

NEW DELHI: The government on Tuesday said it has agreed in-principle to deregulate diesel prices, but is not considering similar proposal for the cooking gas.

"Government has, in principle, agreed to make the prices of diesel market determined," Minister of State for Finance Namo Narain Meena said in a written reply to the Rajya Sabha.

Full News - Government agrees in-principle to free diesel prices: Finance Ministry - The Economic Times

What will be future of Diesel cars if this is implemented? Guys, any thoughts?
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2012
  3. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

Ram, This was bound to happen. There is no such thing as Govt. that is just to sound relevant because people will whip oil companies butts. This is "tip-toe totalitarian" as David Icke says. Want people completely in their grasp. Have you heard him, do it on you tube. You will not find a single case which doesn't support his claims.
    Do you remember when they cited Rs 65/ltr petrol for 400$/barrel during the period 2009-2010. Later, When the crude oil price fell below 45$/Barrel, they decreased it by Rs. 5 only. It is still 119 $/Barrel on date:confused:?

There is no govt as such, that's an illusion. it's all about innocent people & greedy pigs who will never have enough. Kids are dying for milk on roadsides in India but these people never feel tired of getting more & more. So consumed like a Pig!!
    I sometimes think, this is worst than a jungle actually. Lion screws some other inferior animal because he is hungry & will die without food. He is helpless!! These people screw their fellows( who gave them so much of authority & rights on their behalf) just for fun:confused. It can't be anything else since they have more than enough already. It's no where more evolved than typical Pig's mentality. The worst scenario, you never find the real culprit who always remain hidden. This Govt. word never existed before nor it will ever in the future. You know what is the origination of word "Government"?
    "Govern" is an ancient Hebrew word that simply means "TO CONTROL THE PEOPLE AT MASS LEVEL".
    Guess what do we mean when we say, i am voting to choose for bla bla Government:mrgreen:.
    I never vote, i hate this concept. It's like choosing who is going to **** you for next 5 yrs:lol.
    2 people like this.
  4. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    They must keep the diesel intended for agriculture/transport of food grain subsidized. Else it'll have a snowball effect on food prices. And India cannot afford that.

But how will they keep separate diesel stocks for agriculture! Since this is India - I can already envision subsidized diesel being sold for a higher price to car owners etc.

The diesel used in Malls/offices/residential societies gensets should be taxed like hell, though. :irked .

Any idea what the current scenario is regarding use of diesel in the gensets of malls etc? Do they get the normal subsidized diesel?
    2 people like this.
  5. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    A compelling reason to own a T-Jet may be!
  6. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Even if the price is de-regularized, the price of Diesel will still be lesser than the Petrol by 15 Rupees.
  7. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    So our break-even time increases a lot, Now everyone seems to running behind Diesel cars even without calculating the break even etc. This increase may make people prefer Petrol's and Diesels will be choosen by high mileage customers like us. The re-sale value of Petrol cars may increase and the second hand market for diesel cars will also reduce I think.
  8. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    read abut this today in TOI..
    I own a diesel only but despite that I feel its a good move ..
    In bangalore at least there is nearly a 60% difference between petrol and diesel.
    This is not good in terms of the country's financial deficit, going further this is impact the country's economy big time.. So i welcome this move.

Now like everything in india "make hay while the sun shines" should not be the attitude of the oil cos...
    Also GOI says it's going to deregulate diesel prices "In-principle only, now it is to be seen what this "in-principle means...
  9. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    While De-regulating, if at all there is something called as subsidised category I am sure a new gen of businessmen are going to come up who is going to sell subsidised Diesel for a price lesser than normal & there will be illegal refueling stations all around .Poor Anna Hazare may need to amend one more point in his Lokpal bill to prevent corruption on Diesel sales. The prices of commodities are going to rise like hell & you can see a steep increase in suicide rate across India due to heavy monetary burden it can bring to common man.
  10. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    For all this the best and the only solution was the UID programme but looks like that is going no where..
    It will be very interesting to see India VS oil cos VS GOI

---------- Post added at 10:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:19 AM ----------

Here in blr diesel sells at 46 and petrol at 74 i think.
    That is a massive difference.. even a 15 rs difference would take a long time to come into effect..
    a sudden increase would mean mortality rates will rise like anything in india