1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

First trip to the Himalaya by BNW PUNTO MJD

Discussion in 'Travelogues & Experiences' started by sandipan_r15, Jun 10, 2012.

1. ratanshivi

ratanshivi Regolare

Mald (East)
    Kedar -Lets do One lap sometime before or after Diwali...
  2. kirenh

kirenh Regolare

Mumbai/Pune
    Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Excellent photographs Sandipan. Just one question... Was the Dzire guy also as passionate as you are in taking photographs of his car? :).

Sorry if someone has already asked this question... I just went thru the photographs WOW!!!.

Kiran
  3. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Ratan sir sorry in this year it is not possible for me because of shortage of leaves and may I will be in UK till October. Let plan this trip as early as possible and it should be well planned with booking for stays and passes.
  4. Hey sandipan excellent writing skills you have got.and what a location to drive in..Btw,except mirik I didnt go to the other tourist spots on the mountain(and here I thought I dont have any place to travel in north east bengal).Please share the route map will be easy for planning if we go there in the future.and how is the road till siliguri?is night driving doable with family?
  5. sandipan_r15

sandipan_r15 Superiore

HALDIA
    WEST BENGAL
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Arnab,sorry for answering late.Read my TL daywise and you will get an idea of the route.
    I took NH34 from MORGRAM to DALKHOLA.
    NH34 is just baaaad to say the least.The road(surface) is bad.
    There is every sort of vehicle(pulled by man or machine).
    There is barely any good quality restaurants(apart from some big towns).
    Malda & Raiganj have some good lodging options.
    Somewhere the road travels through some literally deserted place(You will find nothing for miles on bothsides of the road).
    I barely found any police jeep on NH34.And at many places, NH34 are not very famous for their law and order situation.
    Trucks & buses(long distance) are in plenty and just don't care for cars.
    Night driving with family on NH34 by a car is an absolute NO NO(my view).
    DALKHOLA to SILIGURI (NH31) is a good stretch(most part is 4 lane).
    THANKS.
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2012
  6. amogh

amogh Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Bumped to homepage
  7. puklujonty

puklujonty Timido

India
    This one is from 2013 trip::watching:

23.jpg