1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

First T-jet ....kiirus tuned 140hp

Discussion in 'Engine and Drivetrain' started by Kiirus, Nov 17, 2010.

1. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    I spoke to FastLove 2-3 days after Dyno test of his Linea. His clutch eventually gave way. I think the Clutch Slave Cylinder went kaput. And this was the replaced Clutch Slave Cylinder after the recall. I don't know the exact details but I think he has got the entire Clutch Assembly changed.
  2. FastLove

FastLove Superiore

Mumbai
    Linea 1.4
    My Clutch Slave Cylinder gave way for the first time when i had done 29600 + km before my 3rd Scheduled Service and before the Remap.

My clutch was feeling hard which was also pointed out by Sandeep when he drove my car after the remap. This had nothing to do with remap i assume.

I did a dyno somewhere after 4000km of driving the Remapped Car . GTO (TBHP) and Karan Shah of KS Motoring did point out that the clutch was slipping when they drove my car. Infact, few days earlier , one very knowledgable gentleman, Mr. Mahesh Patil (SS Aoutomobiles) also checked my clutch and had mentioned that its slipping.

These were genuine issue with the Clutch asembly which needed replacement.

As a co-incidence my Clutch Slave Cylinder gave way close to the Fortune Workshop on the day i was to get my clutch replaced. That meant that they took my case more seriousy and replaced the clutch assembly free of cost in warranty. It was supposed to be a payed job as clutch is not covered in warranty. Also, i fought my case sighting that clutch life is about 70000km on an average. However , i was told by the Fortune Service GM that 35000km is a normal time for clutch replacement . Someone please confirm this for me . :helmet

Some Privy info ::: I was told by an insider that the Clutch Slave Cylinder is being designed with a new aluminium material for better durability. Now this is a very unconfirmed sort of Info and so do not be piling on the dealerships without confirmed news which if it happens will be for all to know by the TASS anyway ...just a request!
  3. drifter

drifter Regolare

London/Mumbai
    There always was a cast aluminium slave cylinder for the FIRE boxes, which we had for the earlier models. But as far as I can recall the aluminium one should not be used when the plastic on was originally fitted.

BTW, are you available between the 17th an 29th of December for a dyno meet. I will have a nice ASIR for your car to test and might be able to use it for a magzine feature.