1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

First T-jet ....kiirus tuned 140hp

Discussion in 'Engine and Drivetrain' started by Kiirus, Nov 17, 2010.

1. Kiirus

Kiirus Guest

I wanted to share my experience about tuning the first T-jet petrol. This car produces a whopping extra 28bhp if tuned in the european weather conditions. Our air is warmer and i dont have a dyno to test the exact measure on wheels, but the car took of like a jet, better than the stock for sure. We are tuning with maps that will produce an extra 24 bhp making it a 140hp car.

About Mileage drop : my customer doesnt care as of now. With petrol mix going up as you the push the car, i would expect a drop, but not a whole lot; maybe a km or 2, but guys thats performance! you lose to gain some. Alternatively, the driver who uses it more often during the day in the city reports no loss. He is good and drives mainly on low rpm and higher gears without any engine abuse like the owner.

About WARRANTY :
    Trust me! We've not had a single customer who's had any warranty issue! Our maps are tuned at TUV certified centers. We use Piasini Engineering in Italy.
    Engine maps that are uploaded on stock computer if remapped by a proper tuner wont come in the way of your warranty. The method is very important. We dont alter any stock values. It will always read the same. We download a complete binary (WIN OLS) from your main engine chip and then look at areas of improvement. Our goal is not to make sport cars or rocket, but make them better and more enjoyable. No dealer can ever find out or prove the map were different! Atleast not with the workshop intelligence in India.

Questions welcome!
  2. kaps

kaps Superiore

Arakkonam
    A quick question, about 1.4NA. Sometime back, Fiat carried out a remap to improve ACC efficiency. Is there a chance this remap will conflict with your remap.

User Fastlove has got it remapped by you, and has reported a clutch slipping problem. Not sure how this problem developed, but, is it related to remap by you?
  3. drifter

drifter Regolare

London/Mumbai

To start with the graph on Fastlove's car does not indicate clutch slip. If it was clutch slip then it would have coming m a lower rpm as there is much higher torque. I ahve compared the grap with our graphs on 1.4s, which are very similar to KMS graph.

The first question depends on how the re-map is done in physical terms.

If the ECU is taken out to read it, which is the way to do it then it would not affect the re-map. If it is just uploaded from an original file, which has been modified after then it is likely that the AC efficiency would suffer.
  4. Kiirus

Kiirus Guest

Thanks drifter! Yes we remove the ECU both for the Tjet and the regular linea. They are bench tuned ecu's. Files are not generic maps either. We send each file individually to Piasini who tune our most Fiats and other japanese petrols.
  5. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    :) Absolutely, one of our forum member is using a tuning box (which can be seen in the engine compartment) and the service center guys are still wondering why a 75hp Punto is giving better performance as compared to 90hp.

I would like to know the effect of such remaps on the clutch. Because I read somewhere that the clutch has a limit of handling torque etc. and if those figures are exceeded after a remap, the clutch is likely to suffer damage.

P.S.- 140bhp T-JET!! :clap Dream machine of those power hungry enthusiasts.
  6. I don't want to talk like a fan boy but I'd really like to see some souped up T-Jets here in India, and they should be capable of beating the daylights out of those ANHCs.
    :wow :up
  7. kaps

kaps Superiore

Arakkonam
    Thanks for clarification. However, I am still not clear whether or not the remap caused clutch slipping. Although the graph during the dyno test did not show it, the user has indicated the problem nevertheless. The confusion I need to clear is, whether the slipping was caused by remap or by a faulty clutch slave cylinder.
  8. kaps

kaps Superiore

Arakkonam
    I think even without the remap TJet will be able to own ANHC :car with remap, it might just make it eat the tail dust :dance
  9. drifter

drifter Regolare

London/Mumbai
    Ib am already preparing some proper for the Indian T-Jet version. Then you can humiliate the ANHCs even further. I will have some goods with me when I am over in December, which will make the T-Jet a lot faster.
  10. drifter

drifter Regolare

London/Mumbai
    The clutch can take quite a bit more than the torque from re-mapping.