1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

First Step Into Modifications. Fiat Grande Punto 1.3 MJD Emotion

Discussion in 'Exteriors / Body' started by Harsh, Apr 19, 2012.

1. Hello,

I decided to make my Fiat Grande Punto, 7 months old, look slightly different from all the run down cars running on Mumbai roads...

with tremendous courage i decided to begin with subtle exteriors

Modifications Done

1) Carbon Fiber Look Roof

2) Grill Look.

Place of Modifications
    MotorSounds-Car Audio and Accessories, Andheri West

Cost
    Grill (DIY) No Cost
    CarbonFiber Look Stick ons Rs 3000k

I plan to add Angel Eyes To the mod
    but m still researching on what projectors to buy and what specifications
    I'd love some help in this section as I'm completely illiterate about xenon and projectors

Pictures of first mod : 292156_3411549162044_1069463925_33178773_2132956993_n.jpg 522857_3411694765684_1069463925_33178807_611503541_n.jpg 540063_3411710406075_1069463925_33178814_795804319_n.jpg

540444_3411702205870_1069463925_33178811_945964962_n.jpg
    1 person likes this.
  2. Manilruben

Manilruben Amatore

Chennai
    As fr projectors you can look at MORIMOTO which would cost about 21 k if you want to go for chinese i would sggest K&T it i good oness.
    1 person likes this.
  3. Phew

Phew Esperto

New Delhi/Mohali
    FASS
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Morimoto mini.....best value for money, even look at hella E55 if budget is no constraint

Waheguru Waheguru
  4. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Harsh,

Did the painter place a protection ( newspaper) behind the grill as well when he was painting the grill? Or did the spray just end up on the AC Condenser and other stuff there?

Looking neat by the way.
  5. Actually this was a semi-DIY job....i had never done something like this before so I took help....while painting i initially painted without covering it...the first coat released some sprays onto the condenser..for the consecutive coats I kept a newspaper...but the damage was done :(

a total of 3 coats was applied of flat black using a simple paint can. I hope it doesn't hamper any performance :O
  6. Tron

Tron Superiore

Mumbai
    @Harsh, hey man saw your car's pics on FB too. Really nice job done!
    For projectors there are several people from TFI did this job on their FIATs. You can get some ideas from their threads. Italia-linea, Romsi-rsk, Kedarbendre, Phew, Manilruben etc. are members who had done projector jobs. You can have help from them.
  7. This is the daytime pic....

just an added better lit photo...

deee 400-400.jpg
    1 person likes this.
  8. hahah on FB? motorsounds' page?

and yes! romsi-rsk and phew have really helped me a lot!!

thank you so much!

---------- Post added at 11:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:56 PM ----------

I will be adding new IND plates too... infact the front grill will be boasted with a bike's IND number plate put up on the offset of the grill instead of bang center.... i have already ordered for it....i'm waiting should be there in some days...will surely post pics!
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2012
  9. Tron

Tron Superiore

Mumbai
    umm..nah not Motorsounds page. Actually it was flashing up in recent stories so checked out all those 4 pics.
    Can't resist to checkout any FIAT beast man!
    BTW your roof is vinyl or paint?? And time for big rims brother! Go for 17. She'll look killer.

What is your location? Im from mulund.
    1 person likes this.
  10. ooooh!!! *excited* the deserved appreciation for the Fiat!! thanks!!

I'm from bandra....and the major mess up is....i put on the rims too early into the buy....just 3 days after delivery!!
    back then i wasn't so much into all this...and now my mom and pop are like "abhi toh change kia hai...itna toh kia hai...aur kyu karna hai...kharcha" :( and all that....being a student on just pocket money is not really a good combo with CarMod.

and yes 16" for sure if not 17" but it will be due in some time....its been just 7 months on this 18th...and 6500 kms so i'll have to wait and watch... unless i get a good deal of tyres+rims under 10K :p

---------- Post added at 12:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:17 AM ----------

ooooh!!! *excited* the deserved appreciation for the Fiat!! thanks!!

I'm from bandra....and the major mess up is....i put on the rims too early into the buy....just 3 days after delivery!!
    back then i wasn't so much into all this...and now my mom and pop are like "abhi toh change kia hai...itna toh kia hai...aur kyu karna hai...kharcha" :( and all that....being a student on just pocket money is not really a good combo with CarMod.

and yes 16" for sure if not 17" but it will be due in some time....its been just 7 months on this 18th...and 6500 kms so i'll have to wait and watch... unless i get a good deal of tyres+rims under 10K :p